AVIC411.com

Did you skip backing up your F90BT?

Well, you are in luck...

I noticed that a lot of folks jump this rather critical step in hacking their AVIC. There are several threads on here where you can find them, but some require you to register on the site (and pay for it in some cases) in order to get the files in a timely fashion.

I have a hosted account with unlimited bandwidth, so I've decided to help out.

ftp://backup.turboss.com

Username: avicuser

Password: Avic411

(The username and password are case sensitive)

You will find the F90BT files in RAR format (big thanks to Minifreezer). If you have files to other AVIC units, please contact me and I will upload them there for anyone that needs them. I am not sure how fast (or slow) this will be, but like I said it is unlimited bandwidth so they'll be there indefinitely.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man thanks for postiing the files. I put mine on rapidshare only because someone needed them and that was the only way at the time i could make the files available. I have not check out the link yet but if you want me to instead of haveing multible rar files i can make it one big file and upload it to you if that would be easier for everyone. :mrgreen:

No problem guys! Another member on here has offered to upload the F900BT OS, so there is a folder on there for that as well that will have that. I'll host any AVIC OS on there, or even any hacks that someone makes.

I figure that some guys might back up their systems, but sometimes things get lost. It happens, and it would suck to have to go back to Pioneer in order to have your unit fixed. This board is an invaluable resource to those that have an AVIC and want more out of the unit.

Minifreezer - You should be able to upload right to that folder. If you can't, let me know. :)

The RAR compression system is nice because it allows for separate files instead of one large file. Downloading the files individually is nice in case the download fails you don't need to grab the whole thing again; just the piece you didn't get.

When you decompress it, it will decompress it in sequence automatically giving you the files and folders just like when they were compressed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing those images!

I was able to download the F700 image and extract it fine (I haven't installed my deck into my car yet, so I can't do my own backup).

I was following the OS Emulation tutorial in the AVICWiki and when I select "Navi", a blank window comes up with the words "NaviMain" on it and nothing else. When I click on "MainMenu" and go to "Destination", it just hangs there after I press "OK". I'm not sure if that's result of a bad image or if I've configured the emulator incorrectly.

Thanks for sharing those images!

I was able to download the F700 image and extract it fine (I haven't installed my deck into my car yet, so I can't do my own backup).

I was following the OS Emulation tutorial in the AVICWiki and when I select "Navi", a blank window comes up with the words "NaviMain" on it and nothing else. When I click on "MainMenu" and go to "Destination", it just hangs there after I press "OK". I'm not sure if that's result of a bad image or if I've configured the emulator incorrectly.

You can try the F90BT backup to see if it is corrupted files. I know for a fact the 90 backup files are good (had to use them :wink: )