AVIC411.com

Did you skip backing up your F90BT?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, downloaded the EU F900 firmware from the turboss.com ftp site but it only includes the APL2 folder which is 1.53gb, it seems that there is something missing right ? if anyone has a complete firmware backup that they are willing to share i would most appreciate it as i can't use my uint at the mo :cry:

once again thanks guys for all your knowledge

Thanks for your quick response,

Ok maybe there is something I’m not doing right. Basically I accidentally formatted the "my flash disk" folder when I tried to down grade my wince on my unit running version 2.007 by going in to service mode and update wince but I selected the from SD card (format) option by mistake. I can now get into test mode where I copied the APL2 folder from the EU 900 backup from the ftp site however no change. Do I need to format "my flash disk" and then copy the APL2 folder, also once copied do I just need to turn the ignition off and then on or do I need to press the restart button on the unit? Thanks in anticipation

• 2 weeks later...

After getting extremely frustrated with the failure of my F700BT (only occasionally it somehow does work), I found this forum and see that I am not the only one with this problem. It worked for approximately one year and then all of a sudden did not want to progress beyond an initial startup, followed by a blank screen.

It seems to me that the WinCE backbone is the cause for most of the problems. This has never been a stable OS to start with!

My question is whether there is a EU version of the F700 backup and where to find it?

Thanks a million!

Are any of the posted images compatible with the F500BT ?

If not, is there somewhere I can get the flash disk image for the F500BT ?

This unit was replaced because my original stopped working, and I have not modded this one at all (still get the parking brake error because I have not even done that simple data.zip mod). However, recently it has started to spontaneosly reboot on me, often when I am selecting a route to a POI, or just at random times while driving, as if the rear reset button was pressed. It has been updated to the Official 2.006 firmware. The reboots started before I updated to 2.006, and I was actually hoping that the 2.006 update might resolve the issue, but it has not. So I'm looking for a clean backup.

Yesterday, for example, I was trying to route to a POI, and I could search for the POI and select it, but every time it brought up the screen where you press "route" to actually create the route, the unit would reboot and I would have to start all over. I finally removed it from the cradle and routed to the POI on battery power without a GPS lock, and it worked (or I pressed the buttons fast enough).

Hoping to resolve this issue with a clean software install.

• 1 month later...

I'm having problems with the F700bt backup files. For some reason, I can only "unzip" the 1st rar file. The other 16 file will not unzip. I didn't realize this until I attempted to transfer the files over to the headunit (which was a success), and it only took like 8-10mins to transfer the files from USB to the harddrive when in the black screen how to it stated it should have taken about 40mins. Also, the head unit is "working" but I don't have any maps :(

Can someone help me out? I'm using the RAR Extract Frog to extract the files, and then I downloaded another software, attempted again with no success. :evil: I even tried to extract files from other models and still no success. Have any verified the f700bt files? What am I doing wrong here? I have all the rar files on my desktop, but can only unzip the 1st one. :(

P.S. Thanks for everyone that took the time to upload the file. Without you, I would be worst off then what I am.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, first post here. Just got the 700BT with 2.06 FW and it all the sudden went blank on me. :x These archives might be the only chance left I got before sending it back to Pioneer.

Is anyone having problems with the archives? I tried the 700BT and the 900BT files and both are said to be corrupt by either 7Zip or WinRAR.

If not, does someone know of another backup for 700BT I can download from?

Thanks!!

Hi all,

Well I have a 700BT bought in february 2009 and I live in Europe.

I wanted to upgrade to the new 3010100 and 2009 maps instead 2007 as those map were outdated.

So I looked at this forum and I did 2 SD Card with 1) Windows CE 2) TestMode and Igo 3.3 on the USB Key.

Windows CE is the one at viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24888

But I did a mistake, I format the flash disk because I wasn't able to book with the TEstMode (in fact I put the contain of TestMode instead of the TestMode folder in the SD CArd)

What I tried to do is to copy everything from the 700bt backup (My Flash Disk.part07.rar) without take care of the subfolder x900bt)

My result is that it can but now and after the splash windows I can see the AVIC main menu with Audio, Map, Phone) but there is a message saying to wait because the system is starting. But it happens nothing because it restarts automatically and I always get this message.

I looked for files created for some help but I found nothing interesting.

Is it because the backup of the 700bt if for North America and I'm using an european AVIC 700bt ?

Or do I have to downgraded Windows CE ?

Could you help me please ?

Alright well i downloaded the single large file, unrared it to my sd card, put test mode on the sd card.

I then put it in the unit started up in testmode and began to transfer files. Most of the files are clear where they go but some of them are not. I still am having the same issues where the unit will start to the splash screen the after one minute it just shuts down and goes dark.

Please help