AVIC411.com

Starbucks Branding

I've installed the latest branding file from this thread: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18428&start=60&hilit=starbucks

When managing the POIs, I can assign the appropriate branding icons to the fast food restaurants. I see the Starbucks icon in the branding file and I would like to assign it to Starbucks. Starbucks is in the Espresso category with other espresso stands. If I assign the icon to the category, non-Starbucks stand get the icon too. (In the Seattle area, we have A LOT of espresso stands.)

Is there a way to assign the SB icon to just the Starbucks stores? If not, I can always create a subcategory - but is there a way to move them to the new subcategory?

The purpose for this is for road trips. I have fast food restaurant icons working so as I am driving along, I have the icons appear on the map, I can make a snap decision to pull off and grab a bite..... It would be nice to have the SBs working too.

You can assign the Starbucks POI to Starbucks, however you have to dig around to find the Starbucks POI's file. I think it is in the "Other" catagory in Restaurants. The problem is that since Starbucks rarely puts a Starbucks ALL BY ITSELF.... You most likely wont see it, you will see the dreaded boxed red diamond POI instead. I modded mine so that you dont see the red diamond box, so I dont see very many POI's at all, but to me its more important to have them in the Database so that when I am somewhere that I am unfamiliar with... It will know to take me there.

You can assign the Starbucks POI to Starbucks, however you have to dig around to find the Starbucks POI's file. I think it is in the "Other" catagory in Restaurants. The problem is that since Starbucks rarely puts a Starbucks ALL BY ITSELF.... You most likely wont see it, you will see the dreaded boxed red diamond POI instead. I modded mine so that you dont see the red diamond box, so I dont see very many POI's at all, but to me its more important to have them in the Database so that when I am somewhere that I am unfamiliar with... It will know to take me there.

Actually the diamond will appear only if there is another POI that is set to visible... So as long as SB is not right next to another fast food outlet from the displayed set, it should be fine...

The diamond icon is not an issue for me since I only turn on a handful of icons. I use them as a landmarks for the most part.

I found Starbucks in the Restaurant/Unknown category. I set the icon and I am now set for a road trip. The hard part was finding the category. (Silly me, I expected it to be under the Restaurant/Espresso POI category)

Thanks for the help everyone!