AVIC411.com

Solved Hard-drive mounting problem !!

Oke i have been reading that people got irritated by the fact the there hard-drives connected to a f-series device dont automaticly mount.

Iin other words they have reconnect the hard drive to the usb after the avic has booted. I also got this problem and tommorow im gonna see if my fix wil help this problem.

What did i do.

i used the extra power modso that the hard-drive gets enough juice. therefore you must use an Y cable, at the end of the cable i made an addition , i put in an time delay relais which i already had, i set this relais to 10 sec.

so when i power up the car the relais waits 10 seconds ( this can be altered) before it putts any power on the hard-drive, after this i does gets connected and recognized.

i will put some pics in tommorow and i need to get a smaller relais because the one i got is pretty big for in car use :)

oke step by step i did the following.

* format a 160GB 2,5"harddrive woth fat 32 (32 k clusters )

* put 100GB of music on it and some movies

* Did the power mod, the way to get alternative power into the glove department.

* now here comes the tricky part. The Y -USB cable, at the side of the smale USB plug i cut the cable in to two, the USB cable has 4 cable in it red, black, green & white. The green and white cables are the data cables, i didnt wanna mess with the data so i did solder them again. the red and black are +5v and mass, i did extend them and connect them to a timer relais.

http://www.finder.nl/en/products/profil ... 85&lang=en

* i did set the timer to 30 seconds and connect it back to the usb cable, and to the hard-drive.

I did work , when i putt the car on the avic starts and after 30seconds the hard-drive starts to boot, this way the avic will recognize the usb hard-drive without having it to reconnect it every time you put it on.

want more info ask ???!!!

lol that is like wow. So it really works eh. I made post about this but it was totally software where I thought that it was win ce's fault that the cold boot dosnt work. Still though this seems just as good. I will give this a try. I have never heard of these relays before. I am gonna look into them. Thanks for the post.

• 2 weeks later...
oke step by step i did the following.

* format a 160GB 2,5"harddrive woth fat 32 (32 k clusters )

* put 100GB of music on it and some movies

* Did the power mod, the way to get alternative power into the glove department.

* now here comes the tricky part. The Y -USB cable, at the side of the smale USB plug i cut the cable in to two, the USB cable has 4 cable in it red, black, green & white. The green and white cables are the data cables, i didnt wanna mess with the data so i did solder them again. the red and black are +5v and mass, i did extend them and connect them to a timer relais.

http://www.finder.nl/en/products/profil ... 85&lang=en

* i did set the timer to 30 seconds and connect it back to the usb cable, and to the hard-drive.

I did work , when i putt the car on the avic starts and after 30seconds the hard-drive starts to boot, this way the avic will recognize the usb hard-drive without having it to reconnect it every time you put it on.

want more info ask ???!!!

Do you have a link on where I can purchase one of those relays?

-Thanks

• 2 months later...