AVIC411.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the x910bt the same as the f910bt on the European site?

They look the same, but i'm wondering why they named it different.

I would assume they are largely the same, just as the US F900 is almost the same as the European f900.

However, with the F500/F700/F900 it was always confusing that the US units and European units were named the same, whilst they differed in the installed maps and FM radio tuner....

Probably to cause less confusion, they've now also named the new series differently ?

(like US Z110, Europe F10. With the Z-series, there was already a different name of course)

Jason,

When you say the 70$ update will make the F series = to the X series does that also mean equal in touch speed? You said the X is a lot better in touch response so if the update makes F up to X level will that mean that the response will be equal also?

Also,

does anyone know if the new Z will be able to do all the functions that the F90 can?

I remeber the Z3 couldn't play MP3s or DIVX from a Data DVD while F90 could.

Also it needed an adaptor for mp3 players while the f90 has the jack.

Any clue if the new Z will have these?

Jason,

When you say the 70$ update will make the F series = to the X series does that also mean equal in touch speed? You said the X is a lot better in touch response so if the update makes F up to X level will that mean that the response will be equal also?

Also,

does anyone know if the new Z will be able to do all the functions that the F90 can?

I remeber the Z3 couldn't play MP3s or DIVX from a Data DVD while F90 could.

Also it needed an adaptor for mp3 players while the f90 has the jack.

Any clue if the new Z will have these?

Looking at the specs of the F10 http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/press/news/navgate_avicf10bt.html, a lot more:

With audio, there’s no compromise: sound is comparable to the best dedicated in-car entertainment systems. Alongside high-end components, the unit integrates our Sound Retriever, which constantly adjusts frequency response and sound pressure of compressed music, especially in the high and low frequency ranges, to put the harmonics lost during compression back into your music.

So whatever format you use, audio is revitalised and depth returned, while a 7-band equalizer enables the tuning of your audio to your car’s unique acoustic environment.

The impressive capabilities reproduce exquisite sound to give you the confidence to unleash the full might of our celebrated MOSFET 50 W x 4 amplifier set-up.

But if you prefer more muscle, three hi-voltage RCA outs are on tap to connect additional amplifiers, speakers and subwoofers. With serious audio comes serious connectivity. You can play your tunes in virtually any format (MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC) from USB, SD or CD and DVD – and enjoy video from these sources too using Windows Media and MPEG-4 content, while DivX video can be watched from CD and DVD.

You can also take direct control of your iPod or iPhone from the touch screen and watch video from the device. Multitasking is another attribute of the NavGate AVIC-F10BT: as the front seat passengers listen to music from one source, rear-seat passengers can watch a movie from DVD, iPod-Video or Personal Media Player on the optional rear screens. The system can also playback music while managing navigation

If we can't get into Test Mode with the 3.0 update, you can definitely count me out for the buying of the software. Being able to turn off key beeps, for example, is a MUST.

Key Beeps can be turned completly off now, and there is a new beep sound so it's not so annoying.

The rumor is testmode will no longer work with 3.0, but we'll see. ;)

So, the new Z series doesn't have a hard drive? That's kinda a step backwards... But, I guess the media slot kinda makes up for it...

This is what I thought until I read this on the pdf linked on the first post.

2009 Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT Navigation System.pdf[/url]":2qw5o07z]USB*4/SD slot – Compatible portable devices with a USB connection, such as hard drives and flash memory drives, can be linked through the available USB cable that is connected to the rear of the unit. The system also accepts compatible SD memory cards through the slot located behind the motorized front panel.

So it sound to me like we can just add our own HDD or equivalent. And if that is true that is a step forward. Just shock mount a TB drive and have a huge amount of media storage and not be limited by the units drive. It sound like it will be easier to put media on and off a separate unit. Also if you kill the drive or something the system / OS will not be lost as well. As long as the USB feature works well I will give it a +1!

If we can't get into Test Mode with the 3.0 update, you can definitely count me out for the buying of the software. Being able to turn off key beeps, for example, is a MUST.

Key Beeps can be turned completly off now, and there is a new beep sound so it's not so annoying.

The rumor is testmode will no longer work with 3.0, but we'll see. ;)

Awesome. What about quick access to muting the navigation?

I'm more interested the more I hear. :)

Great coverage,

Does anyone know if the avic Z110BT will have an ir remote compatibility. I currently have the Z3 with the steering wheel ir remote attachment and have become accustomed to using this feature...(2 little ones in the back seat so have to keep focused on the road at all times.) Thanks for any info.