AVIC411.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3.0 update will make the F series equivalent (software wise) to the X Series.

Maybe I missed it, but what are the hardware differences? I can deal with my F being slower and whatnot, but is there anything in the X series that makes they a 'must have' hardware upgrade?

Were there any comments about how these new units (or 3.0 software) would (if at all) change how things like the HD tuner works (and its shortcomings being fixed) or whether the folks at Pioneer knew (cared) about the mods being done currently to the F series?

Am I the only one that's disappointed to see that all of the new units appear to be based on the software from the F-Series? I will be amazed if they iron out the bugs, and the slowness of that interface before all of the new units are released. They have a LONG way to go with the F-Series, to make it anywhere near as usable as my old Z2.

I will also miss the XM NavTraffic on my Z2... MSN Direct is just not nearly as comprehensive as XM NavTraffic. Why does it seem that everyone is dropping XM NavTraffic?

The screens look very good, and the bootup time of the Z series seems good. The other units don't look like much of an improvement, though.

Dave

Ok, that Z series looks like an improvement, the thing I'm really noticing is how when you were scrolling along the map it doesn't lag like hell. Even the lower end models seem to scroll at a reasonable speed, maybe 3-4 fps, whereas my F90BT is like watching a slide show when i try to scroll. Hopefully 3.0 will fix that.

The thing with 3.0 I'm scared about is, won't we lose our ability to hack the unit? That means we'll get locked at about 10 mph again! I must say I also really enjoy customizing the buttons... I guess we'll have to wait and see

Am I the only one that's disappointed to see that all of the new units appear to be based on the software from the F-Series? I will be amazed if they iron out the bugs, and the slowness of that interface before all of the new units are released. They have a LONG way to go with the F-Series, to make it anywhere near as usable as my old Z2.

They said that the Z110 and the U310 are new, all-Pioneer designed. The F (and X) were partnered with NavNGo (iGo).

Also, there isnt really much different hardware-wise on the X-series. A new Apple authentication chip, which means iPhones won't get that stupid pop-up message. Otherwise almost exactly the same, it's all software updates.

They said that the Z110 and the U310 are new, all-Pioneer designed. The F (and X) were partnered with NavNGo (iGo).

Also, there isnt really much different hardware-wise on the X-series. A new Apple authentication chip, which means iPhones won't get that stupid pop-up message. Otherwise almost exactly the same, it's all software updates.

I'm definitely getting the Z110 now that I know iGo is not under it. I'm sorry, but I HATE the Pioneer-ized version of iGo, even if it did get improved with the new X series. The routing always sucked regardless along with the TTS voices. I have owned the D3, the Kenwood 8120, the 5120, and the F90 and F700. The D3 and the Garmin always had great routing in my area regardless of settings. I also prefer the look of the detailed Pioneer maps from the Z/D series era and am VERY happy to see the return of Pioneer's nav software along with the POI icons, etc. I'm saving up for this unit for sure. I would have gone to the Z series sooner if it only had updated/built in bluetooth and iPod control. Now it looks like that has happened and then some. Just wish it had the option for NavTraffic AND MSN direct, so you could choose the traffic service independently and still have the rest of MSN Direct. I loved the NavTraffic with my 8120/Garmin.

Just checkin out the price for the Z110BT is $1,800.00 Seems a lil steep for my blood. Thought it would be cheaper but I guess its way up. Might have to hold off or check out Ebay when time is good. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-Z110BT

I thought $1,800.00 was the MSRP for the AVIC-Z(1-3). And pre-order is $1,599.99 at Crutchfield. Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT at Crutchfield

I just read in the PDF for the Z110 that the MSN Direct tuner is optional? Can anyone confirm this?

MSN Direct*1

– The AVIC-Z110BT is designed to interface with an optional MSN Direct tuner

to provide users (who subscribe and pay for the MSN Direct service) with updated traffic

information.