AVIC411.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newbie here, if there's a better place to post this pls advise.

I have an 09 Silverado with a std am/fm/cd radio option. One (of many) issues with replacing this radio with a factory nav radio is an external amplifier is required. My question: with these pioneer nav systems, is the amplifier contained within the head unit or is an external amp also required? TIA.

Newbie here, if there's a better place to post this pls advise.

I have an 09 Silverado with a std am/fm/cd radio option. One (of many) issues with replacing this radio with a factory nav radio is an external amplifier is required. My question: with these pioneer nav systems, is the amplifier contained within the head unit or is an external amp also required? TIA.

My understanding is you don't need to replace the amp when you replace the head unit. The Z110BT has a built-in amp (technical details on Amazon read: CD receiver with internal amp (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels), but I also decided to add more power by adding the JL Audio HD600 amp as well. I believe I'll lose OnStar in doing so, but I don't really care about that.

To import start-up background pictures, it's really simple - you get an SD card (I bought a 16GB class 6 card from Amazon), and create a folder called "Pictures" at the top level directory. Insert the card, and then you go to the menu screen that allows you to select the picture you want. The bottom photo on this post shows my start up photo: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26314&p=180882#p180882

I'm not sure you can import colors. Not sure why you'd want to anyhow, there isn't much to see. If you look at the third photo from the bottom on this post - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26314&p=180882#p180882, you'll see the lettering is in red. It currently rotates from red to white to green to blue, etc. Cool, but nothing I'd really want to try to import a custom color for.

thanks, will try.

Pity you can't browse the CD like with other pioneer units.

>Not sure why you'd want to anyhow

to match the colors of interior. The green available in U sellection menu is too light. I know there are 2 shades of green, both are too light.

It is indeed mentioned in the manual (just a brief notice stating it may be imported), no details hovewer.

I see you must be lucky in that you're having a garage )))

you can't have these units last any long if you park on the street.