AVIC411.com

F Series vs. X Series

These pictures will highlight the differences between the F and X Series.

The changes are mostly software, however there are a few hardware changes.

All software updates will be available to F Series owners with the 3.0 Update and will basically turn your F into a X.

The update product numbers are:

CNSD-100FM for the In Dash F Series (F700/F900/F90)

CNSD-150FM for the AVIC-F500BT Map

The update should be available around July. It's an SD Card Update ONLY. There will be an introductory price of about $70.

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Slide10.JPG

Slide11.JPG

Slide12.JPG

Slide13.JPG

Slide14.JPG

Slide19.JPG

Slide20.JPG

Slide21.JPG

Slide22.JPG

Slide23.JPG

Slide24.JPG

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for ya Jason. While you were at the show, did you get a chance to mess with that knob on the X series much? if so did it have a better feel to it? form the pic it seems a bit more flimsy.
It's actually a lot easier to hold on to and seems more solid. The edges are raised, and the center is recessed so you can actually sort of grab the inside of it.

From the bootup video posted, boot time for the new X/3.0 is about 20 or so seconds which is pretty good. Though, it looked like that was the time to boot to regular FM radio. Will the boot time be similar if booting directly to iPod? It looks like the only hardware changes were cosmetic/the new Apple chip. Nothing in the way of memory/cpu upgrades. I can't see Pioneer releasing the X series as their midrange navigation AGAIN with the same slowness of the F series. They must have done a full tear down and rebuild of the code to get this going.

They must have done a full tear down and rebuild of the code to get this going.

They did. According to the people I talked to, the 1.0/2.0 were done by some 3rd party. 3.0 was done completely in house and "is much more efficient".

They must have done a full tear down and rebuild of the code to get this going.

They did. According to the people I talked to, the 1.0/2.0 were done by some 3rd party. 3.0 was done completely in house and "is much more efficient".

That is awesome to hear. I will definitely buy 3.0 before I make a final decision of the Z. Thanks for answering our many questions! Can't wait to see the test drive video tomorrow.