AVIC411.com

F Series vs. X Series

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello friends,

Sorry if this question has been answered before...but do we have any information regarding the buttons in the wheel?? Is Pioneer going to fix/modify them in order to change the radio station from the wheel??

Many thanks.

Personally, I think it's insane for them to try and charge $130 for the OS update, especially considering it fixes the fact that 2.0 was a poorly coded piece of garbage, and didn't have "Heading Up" in 2D (which was a baseline feature of my D3!)

I don't mind them charging for map data (though I think that too ought to be super cheap) and the "new feature" stuff of 3.0, but the fact is that the F-series owners subsidized Pioneer's development of a new line of nav systems by beta testing half-finished code and living with the frustrations that caused.

My less-than-1-year-old F90BT has totally stopped working now and I'm contemplating putting my D3 back in rather than the F90 at this point. I had always hoped/assumed that I'd eventually get the fix that allowed me to use my GPS map the same way my D3 worked but for $130? No thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Personally, I think it's insane for them to try and charge $130 for the OS update, especially considering it fixes the fact that 2.0 was a poorly coded piece of garbage, and didn't have "Heading Up" in 2D (which was a baseline feature of my D3!)

I don't mind them charging for map data (though I think that too ought to be super cheap) and the "new feature" stuff of 3.0, but the fact is that the F-series owners subsidized Pioneer's development of a new line of nav systems by beta testing half-finished code and living with the frustrations that caused.

My less-than-1-year-old F90BT has totally stopped working now and I'm contemplating putting my D3 back in rather than the F90 at this point. I had always hoped/assumed that I'd eventually get the fix that allowed me to use my GPS map the same way my D3 worked but for $130? No thanks.

That isn't what they're charging for the F-series update.

It's $60 if you hop on board now. $120 after that.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if it allows labeling on the HD-Radio presets now? Right now, with my F90BT with 2.0, the HD presets are all blank--no station labeling at all. I use the P10HD.

I think, from what I remember reading, that there are still no presets. But that doesn't mean this thread should turn into a "omg Pioneer still didn't fix this! blahblahblah thread", because I can't remember for a fact.