AVIC411.com

F Series vs. X Series

So if I buy the 3.0 it'll be the same thing as having bought the Xseries? (besides the apple chip and face.)

Is this 100% given by Pioneer or is this what people are expecting to happen?

Also, if the software bypass is done pre-3.0, does this mean that the bypass won't work after i install the 3.0?[/b]

And if we can't re-hack with the 3.0 then the only way would be hardware bypass right?

I'm just scared about the hardware bypass because I if something happens where i have to return the avic with the warranty will they accept it with a hardware bypass done to it? Or can i just send the unit itself without the cables?

Hardware bypass is fine. If you need to return the unit, just move the wire back to the original position. Done!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I buy the 3.0 it'll be the same thing as having bought the Xseries? (besides the apple chip and face.)

Is this 100% given by Pioneer or is this what people are expecting to happen?

Also, if the software bypass is done pre-3.0, does this mean that the bypass won't work after i install the 3.0?[/b]

And if we can't re-hack with the 3.0 then the only way would be hardware bypass right?

I'm just scared about the hardware bypass because I if something happens where i have to return the avic with the warranty will they accept it with a hardware bypass done to it? Or can i just send the unit itself without the cables?

Hardware bypass is fine. If you need to return the unit, just move the wire back to the original position. Done!

what about the grounding? you cant undo that.

Also will the market price of the X match that of the current F90BT or will it probably 100$+ given the 3.0 thats installed in it. I mean if the 3.0 costs 130$ and the F now costs around 650$ then I'd expect the X to be around 750. right?

Hello, I am new to site and thank you for all the helpful info.

I am looking into getting either the 90bt or the new 910BT. I am pretty simple when it comes to the functions that i need. BLuetooth, DVD, Sirius, and Ipod. If you were me would you just wait for the 910BT or get the 90BT now as they would serve the same purpose?

I am looking into getting either the 90bt or the new 910BT. I am pretty simple when it comes to the functions that i need. BLuetooth, DVD, Sirius, and Ipod. If you were me would you just wait for the 910BT or get the 90BT now as they would serve the same purpose?

Im kind of wondering the same thing. if the F90 is going to be the same as the X after the 3.0 then I might as well get the F90 now and wait for 3.0.

The only thing is the 3.0update is going to cost around 130 and I don't know if the X's price will be hiked 130$ more than the F's current $600 cost.

If it is then its equal so either way is fine, but if it ends up that the X costs the same as the F does now but including the 3.0 then i'll have wasted the money on an update for no reason.

Still waiting to see if anyone knows anything about the prices that will come out. A shop is going to check out my audio system tomorow, and i'll have to make the decision probably tomorrow night.

Im kind of wondering the same thing. if the F90 is going to be the same as the X after the 3.0 then I might as well get the F90 now and wait for 3.0.

The only thing is the 3.0update is going to cost around 130 and I don't know if the X's price will be hiked 130$ more than the F's current $600 cost.

If it is then its equal so either way is fine, but if it ends up that the X costs the same as the F does now but including the 3.0 then i'll have wasted the money on an update for no reason.

Still waiting to see if anyone knows anything about the prices that will come out. A shop is going to check out my audio system tomorow, and i'll have to make the decision probably tomorrow night.

X models are likely to be sold much higher than current market price of F, which is low because of the rebate Pioneer was running as well as close-out specials both Pioneer and dealers were making. remains to be seen just what the X will be sold at, but I wouldn't count on big deals out of the gate.

X models are likely to be sold much higher than current market price of F, which is low because of the rebate Pioneer was running as well as close-out specials both Pioneer and dealers were making. remains to be seen just what the X will be sold at, but I wouldn't count on big deals out of the gate.

crutchfield has the new pio units up for preorder

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350/In- ... %7cPioneer

what about the grounding? you cant undo that.

Also will the market price of the X match that of the current F90BT or will it probably 100$+ given the 3.0 thats installed in it. I mean if the 3.0 costs 130$ and the F now costs around 650$ then I'd expect the X to be around 750. right?

Have you ever worked with wires before? Yes, of COURSE grounding can be undone. As long as you arent WELDING it to your frame... just screw down the bare wire connection to an existing screw on your frame, and voila. Easy on, Easy off.

Have you ever worked with wires before? Yes, of COURSE grounding can be undone. As long as you arent WELDING it to your frame... just screw down the bare wire connection to an existing screw on your frame, and voila. Easy on, Easy off.

hahah sorry my head was in sodder mode. You're deffinitly right.

crutchfield has the new pio units up for preorder

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350/In- ... %7cPioneer

They're about $1,100 on crutchfield right now. Same as the F on crutchfield.

I mean i get your point since they're new they're gonna be high off the bat but still it makes no sense because other dealers like cartoys or other online sellers are bound to start some bigger discounts.

I mean whats the point of spending 1,100 if you can just get the F90BT for 600$ and add the 130$ 3.0 to it? Other than the face which i doubt anyone cares much for its gonna be pretty much the same isnt it?

Am I reading this right? The X-series has a 2V preout as opposed to the F-series 4V preout? Is this to be considered a fairly significant difference? And why did they drop it?

Only the F90BT had the 4 volt preout.

Tim