AVIC411.com

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just two things. As someone stated earlier with the old z taking 20 gigs for navigation how is all that going to fit on a flash card in 4. Second Whats the sirius display. Is it still half assed. Ohh one other will it be compatible with the external processor i can't remember the model number right now but its the one that adds time alignment . Would of gotten it for the z but wasn't fully compatible from what i heard.

I'm sure this is of no avail, but I wanted to see if the New Z will have IR capabilities so I can control the unit from my steering wheel controller (IR version)...Have two kids and don't want to take my eyes off the road when I have to answer a call, change the songs, etc. Thanks for any info.

and it looks from the manual like the sirius display is still screwed. Only 1 line and I'm not sure about channel displays. I would love some input from someone who has seen the sirius interface first hand.

This is controlled by the tuner and not the deck itself. So unless pioneer releases a new tuner, it'll be the same crap that I'm dealing with now :-)

• 5 weeks later...

Well it looks like the Z110 is now available here in England, listed as a F10BT! looks the same as the Z110, we dont have the MSN live set up though pity as this looks like a usefull bit of kit, also we dont have sirius and XM over here, other than that the specs look the same Oh and the price as you would expect $2140 :shock: I just wish that the units you guys have there would work over here but they dont, (I know this from 1st hand experiance units wont pick up the satalites) so this will be my next buy for the truck, now just to shoehorn the darn thing in there lol :D

Well it looks like the Z110 is now available here in England, listed as a F10BT! looks the same as the Z110, we dont have the MSN live set up though pity as this looks like a usefull bit of kit, also we dont have sirius and XM over here, other than that the specs look the same Oh and the price as you would expect $2140 :shock: I just wish that the units you guys have there would work over here but they dont, (I know this from 1st hand experiance units wont pick up the satalites) so this will be my next buy for the truck, now just to shoehorn the darn thing in there lol :D

Picking up satelites is no problem at all, it's the same network all over the world... :?

The real problem with using US units in Europe in the past was the FM receiver... Don't know what the situation is with the new units, as I understood the Z110 does not have RDS. Don't know if it also has TMC for traffic re-direct, and what the frequency grid for FM is...

Also you need the European maps of course...

Picking up satelites is no problem at all, it's the same network all over the world... :?

The real problem with using US units in Europe in the past was the FM receiver... Don't know what the situation is with the new units, as I understood the Z110 does not have RDS. Don't know if it also has TMC for traffic re-direct, and what the frequency grid for FM is...

Also you need the European maps of course...

I got my AVIC X1 in the states and Pioneer have regionalised the sat nav ! set it up in my F150 and was unable to acquire the minium number of satalites ( I seem to remembeer that the minium is 4) contacted Pioneer UK and they knew of this, but the guy was interested to see if with the Europe maps it woud solve the problem, so the guy sent me free of charge the disc's and asked me to let him know, well the buggers didnt work, with the tuner we go up in .05 and i think you guy's go up 1 at a time so unit was sold to a buddy in the states and I replaced it with a used one from the UK. :(

I got my AVIC X1 in the states and Pioneer have regionalised the sat nav ! set it up in my F150 and was unable to acquire the minium number of satalites ( I seem to remembeer that the minium is 4) contacted Pioneer UK and they knew of this, but the guy was interested to see if with the Europe maps it woud solve the problem, so the guy sent me free of charge the disc's and asked me to let him know, well the buggers didnt work, with the tuner we go up in .05 and i think you guy's go up 1 at a time so unit was sold to a buddy in the states and I replaced it with a used one from the UK. :(

There's dozens of people using US versions of the f900/f700/f910/f710 in Europe for navigation without any problems whatsoever, so there must have been something else wrong with your unit. As said, GPS cannot be nationalised....

It that were true, it would mean you cannot navigate outside a certain region.. :?

Re. the X1, I can imagine there is an entirely different problem... The navigation/maps are DVD based, and the DVD player does have a region code... If the Pioneer map DVDs are also region coded, I could imagine that you simply cannot read European map DVDs on an American X1