AVIC411.com

How does the Sirius interface look. Any improvements over the current gen (D/F series) will it allow multiple line displays or display station logos? That is 1 major feature that will make me want to switch over from my D3.

Also with the motorized display does it allow for "reverse" angulation. Tipping the screen so the top farther out than the bottom. In my car with the top down glare is a major problem and this configuration is much better. (So sitting in the drivers seat and looking at teh side of the radio:)

/ <-- is how I would need the unit to be positioned

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little behind, I just learned about this unit today when browsing the Crotchfield site and thought I'd come here to see what else was known about it.

I'm really excited about it, from the pics and specs, I'm loving it. Though I'm a cheap bastard so I probably won't buy it until it's been out awhile and I can get it as cheap as I bought my current Z for.

The resolution is WVGA = 800x480, this has a much higher resolution than the old Z-series (which was 480x234 I think). Nearly quadruple the pixels. Hopefully it's as bright as the old Z-series. For me, brightness is probably more important than resolution because even the old Z's resolution didn't look bad for 7".

I hope it fully supports the HD radio add-on. Most stations are not HD in my area, but I imagine they'll be upgrading in the next few years.

I couldn't care less about the loss of the HDD, in fact, I'm glad about it. All I used mine for was maps anyway. Most people use iPods for music these days anyway. My only concern is 4GB for maps... I thought the old Z's maps took up over double that. Are the maps going to be as comprehensive and complete as the old Z-series? I'm hoping they are, and Pioneer just figured out how to improve data compression.

I sure hope there will be places that sell it for far less than the $1600 Crotchfield plans to charge for it.

Can anyone tell me what the screen resolution on this unit is? On another note...it would have been bad ass if the unit played Blu Ray disks! :o

-B

Although that would be 'cool', that would totally be a useless waste of money. The cost to develop a screen to display 1080p Blu ray and the cost to build a reader/player in that system would be astronomical. Plus, its a 7" screen, 1080p wont look any better than standard definition.

Hey everyone,

just doing some research and came accross an online merchant selling the new Z for $1199.00. Does anyone have any experience with this merchant? PC world has tons of positive user reviews for them. I don't think they are a Pioneer Authorized Dealer. Great price if it's legit.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=21938

Hey everyone,

just doing some research and came accross an online merchant selling the new Z for $1199.00. Does anyone have any experience with this merchant? PC world has tons of positive user reviews for them. I don't think they are a Pioneer Authorized Dealer. Great price if it's legit.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=21938

they are legit ,I have bought few things from them and haven't had any issue yet ,but you have to deal with the warranty directly thourgh them since they aren't online authroized dealer for major car stereo brands.

I thought the Authorized dealer thing only matter for the Premier brand? I bought my F900 from some crappy website and AV1 RCA's blew out. I emailed Pioneer and they just said to send it in with my receipt. They didn't ask where I bought it from. Are they going to give me a hard time when it arrives?

...it would have been bad ass if the unit played Blu Ray disks! :o -B

Although that would be 'cool', that would totally be a useless waste of money...

I agree. The only advantage I can see is if you had several movies on BR, you need to get them on a dvd now. But if I had a choice between BR and non-BR I would go with the much cheaper non-BR.

... My only concern is 4GB for maps... I thought the old Z's maps took up over double that. Are the maps going to be as comprehensive and complete as the old Z-series? I'm hoping they are, and Pioneer just figured out how to improve data compression.

Ya, I was wondering about that as well. Probably taking advantage of that upgraded processor to do better compression.

Crotchfield
:lol::lol: :lol: Sorry it made me laugh.
Hey everyone, just doing some research and came accross an online merchant selling the new Z for $1199.00...

Nice find. Little note, they listed MSRP high.

Hey All, Does anyone know if the new Z will have the ability to play Ipod videos as well???
PioneerElectronics.com: AVIC-Z110BT[/url]":375096wv]With the optional cable (CD-IU50V) connected to your iPod, you will notice how easily you can find songs, videos, artists, or playlists with a few simple taps of your finger.
2009 Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT Navigation System.pdf[/url]":375096wv]Enhanced iPod/iPhone Control – Pioneer enhanced the interface for iPod/iPhone devices with

passenger control, link search and video playback.

This implies that it would.

A new model thats good ive been looking at the F Series for a long time but I wonder if this unit will fill my need, I see they have Enhanced Ipod support but I dont see anywhere about the USB function like in the F series. Will this unit not feature the USB function to play your music? Contray to popular believe I dont have an Ipod nor want one, I want to be able to play my music and video files from my HDD and also use the voice control option for the USB feature is that possible with this unit or is it to early to tell.

EDIT: Nvm I read the press release and was able to answer my own question.

... Nvm I read the press release and was able to answer my own question.

Cool Zero. But you know I would kinda like more info about this other then the PR sentence saying it does and file formats. Does any know how the interface looks, any limitation on files (size or quantity), how directory layout is, etc.

Any info on whether it will have full-featured audio and video controls for USB hard drives? I'm shopping for this class of head unit now and I keep reading about limited functionality when the source is USB. The new Kenwood is reportedly a buggy disaster, and reading here it seems that earlier AVICs had limitations playing Divx from USB.

I never want to have to use a CD or DVD--everything must work from a hard drive.

I want a very clear, PC-player style of interface for playing USB videos: most importantly the ability to skip to anywhere in the video with a slider or similar control. Especially in a car, it's likely that stopping a video, turning the car off, then restarting and wanting to resume watching will happen often.

Now if this works for ipod but now usb, I guess I can get an ipod, but I'd rather be able to take my Divx library on the road.

Thanks for any info.