AVIC411.com

f500bt phone settings button grayed out! other probs

hey there

i just got to play with my first f500 (now that there discontinued)

i had big problems with my remote start. when id rs, it would turn on acc, but when i cranked it would loose acc power for just a second and that would f up the whole boot process. avic wouldnt re power on after this, i would have to hit the power button,. then it wouldnt recognize sd, until i popped the mem card out and back in.

i battled the video formating until i was able to get them to not skip and sound decent. i realized the unit is in extreme slow mode when your playing video

i changed the wire to an ignition and it works great now, video still slows down operations

so now sometimes when i start my car the "phone settings" button will be grayed out! i have to shut off car and start up again and bam its back. i dont have auto connect on. maybe i should try that.

is there any blue tooth updates for this piece? callers hear alot of echo

hey there

i just got to play with my first f500 (now that there discontinued)

i had big problems with my remote start. when id rs, it would turn on acc, but when i cranked it would loose acc power for just a second and that would f up the whole boot process. avic wouldnt re power on after this, i would have to hit the power button,. then it wouldnt recognize sd, until i popped the mem card out and back in.

i battled the video formating until i was able to get them to not skip and sound decent. i realized the unit is in extreme slow mode when your playing video

i changed the wire to an ignition and it works great now, video still slows down operations

so now sometimes when i start my car the "phone settings" button will be grayed out! i have to shut off car and start up again and bam its back. i dont have auto connect on. maybe i should try that.

is there any blue tooth updates for this piece? callers hear alot of echo

have you checked the hacks thread?