AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this 3.0 is good, spend some damn money and upgrade. Most of us here paid ~$600 or so for these things. Another $130 still makes this a damn, damn good price for a unit.

but not of all of us have $130 to spare, i myself don't have an extra $130 for the updated maps, that's why i'm modding my unit to get the most out of it, even if it means spending 5 hours a day figuring things out

They said it will have a key to install, but really whats stopping us from all using the same key? Unless we have to give them our SN at the time of purchase which they then generate the key off of (and i highly doubt that), theres no reason the same key can't be used more than once. Its not like the units have internet access to "phone home" like Vista does.

The things that are really key for me to still work are:

1.) Removing key beeps (absolutely imperative)

2.) software bypass, for those who haven't ground their VSS wire. (i.e. the ability to get into Test Mode and change the speed setting to 128 or 160 etc..)

If this 3.0 is good, spend some damn money and upgrade. Most of us here paid ~$600 or so for these things. Another $130 still makes this a damn, damn good price for a unit.

but not of all of us have $130 to spare, i myself don't have an extra $130 for the updated maps, that's why i'm modding my unit to get the most out of it, even if it means spending 5 hours a day figuring things out

Without getting too mean...

But you spent ~$600 on the unit? That baffles me.

I mean, don't get me wrong.. if it comes out on BitTorrent, of course I'll download it. But $130 is not asking a lot at all considering it's a multi-year investment.