AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a detail list of fixes Pioneer has on their website.

-------------------------------------

Coming Soon!

Model year 2009 TeleAtlas database on SD Card, featuring nearly 12 million POI, US and Canada coverage (including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico).

Includes firmware version 3.0, including heading-up option in 2D view, Highway Sign Boards, enhanced map UI with improved contrast, and more. MSN Direct features 3 additional channels (news, stocks and local events) and traffic flow displayed on map.

Compatible only with AVIC-F500BT.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-150FM

-------------------------------------

Now we know what they fixed. What bothers me is that it say compatible with AVIC-F500BT. Does that mean it is only compatible with F500 or it will work with F500 as well as all the others?

Now we know what they fixed. What bothers me is that it say compatible with AVIC-F500BT. Does that mean it is only compatible with F500 or it will work with F500 as well as all the others?

It shows compatability with all units here.. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-100FM

Really because this is what it says on the top of the page:

CNSD-150FM

Map Upgrade for AVIC-F500BT Navigation System

Suggested Price: $130.00

There are two separate updates, one for the F500BT, another for all the other in dash models.

Now I have just to figure out how to hardware bypass the video block while moving on the F500BT before I can start wondering if it will still work with the update. Search button here I come...

If you didn't engage in meaningless speculation (with some suggestions being straight out impossible), I'd be less likely to be snarky about it.

When the upgrade actually comes out, people will get to work on unlocking it. At this point we have no idea how involved unlocking the AVIC will имую Or if it will, in fact, brew coffee.

Right! All this speculation is useless until some of the brainiacs on this site get their hands on the update. So, would someone please take a moment from the speculating to answer

Please excuse the question, but I don't quite get the mod thing. I guess my question is, will the update over write the complete flash or will remnant code remain from the mod and cause problems? Thanks in advance

or is it just a dumb question?

This may be a stupid question as I have no idea whether they ever work but has anyone thought about setting up an online petition and sending it to Pioneer?

I mean, I don't have any problem with paying for map updates, or significant feature additions like many people here. But I'm definitely not happy to be paying a fifth of the cost of the unit to fix bugs on a system that was released at less than fully quality tested.

Just an idea, probably a dumb one.

If you didn't engage in meaningless speculation (with some suggestions being straight out impossible), I'd be less likely to be snarky about it.

When the upgrade actually comes out, people will get to work on unlocking it. At this point we have no idea how involved unlocking the AVIC will имую Or if it will, in fact, brew coffee.

I'm hoping it does brew coffee! would save me money and time in the morning on the way to work and my cup holder is right next to my AVIC....Boris great idea and if it doesnt come as an update is there a way you can create a mod so it does?

People....patience!!! Unless you know for sure what and when is going be released, you risk looking like a fool. If the update fixes the rebooting problem, I'll be happy..

Someone posted in another thread that in Australia if you purchased between Nov 2008 - June (July?) 09 you got a mail in rebate to get the update for free. Considering my F500BT was delivered literally 2 days ago, that would certainly be a nice option, especially since thier list price of $130 is not that much less than I paid for the entire unit, with iPhone cable and amplifier... :?

Someone posted in another thread that in Australia if you purchased between Nov 2008 - June (July?) 09 you got a mail in rebate to get the update for free. Considering my F500BT was delivered literally 2 days ago, that would certainly be a nice option, especially since thier list price of $130 is not that much less than I paid for the entire unit, with iPhone cable and amplifier... :?

I got mine about 5 weeks ago. I will have to recheck the box and see. Has anyone else found the rebate?

I dont know if the Australia equipment came with the rebate in the box or not.

Mine (USA) certainly did not include any kind of a rebate with it, and I have not seen anything on the Pioneer US site about a rebate for it either.

It may just be an offer for Australia at this point, but certainly would be appreciated here for people that have recently purchased.

I am more than a little miffed at Pioneer's audacity here. To charge me to upgrade defective firmware! And I can safely assume the "3.0" firmware won't be much better. "2.0" still sucked. I will never buy another Pioneer product again, nor will I encourage my friends to do it.

I will not be giving them 70$ or, even one penny to fix these defects. They lost a potentially great customer here. Kenwood has my business from now on. :evil::evil: