AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

does anyone know if igo8.3 tells you what side of the street your destination is on? I'd pay $70 just for that.

I am using the latest version of 8.3 on my WinMo phone, and it does not. They may have included that into Pioneer's special version though, but i doubt it.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if igo8.3 tells you what side of the street your destination is on? I'd pay $70 just for that.

I am using the latest version of 8.3 on my WinMo phone, and it does not. They may have included that into Pioneer's special version though, but i doubt it.

The data.zip I have running shows the street numbers onscreen in small numbers at the bottom so you know what side of the street your destination will be. It's not verbally, but its better than not knowing at all. Do a search for the zip, I can't remember where I got it. It's the one with the green bar at the top showing speed and elevation.

Many of the "hacks" significantly improve functionality, i hope Pioneer has looked at the community hacks here and fixed bugs and added features in V3 based on their popularity, or simply as optional settings/components.

My phone voice dial would simply not work right if not for the phone database organizer/editor shared by someone nice here.

Many of the "mods" are serious improvements to the navigation functions:

better icon arrangements

function Icon availibility that makes sense

better compas

better time

Speed/elevation

speed limit signs

radar and redlight warnings

poi icons

Custom graphics throughough the unit are also nice!

I'm going to miss all this stuff dearly if it's not in V3 or V3 is not Hacked quickly!

That's just a few improvements to V2 off the top of my head, losing these things will hurt and might keep me from upgrading! Though I admit I'm desperate for the newer maps, I may just have to wait and see.

I doubt they have respect for this place. my "Lack of customer service" guy today was not happy when I told him I knew about ver 3.0 release from. That is pretty much when his indignation came across with "I suggest you use your 30 money back guarantee"

I didn't see on the Pioneer page or in any thread here, I would assume the iGo doesn't get upgraded to 8.3?

As was said many times here, track-up in 2D and road signs = iGO 8.3/

Also, this is why you need new maps, maps are not compatible between 8.0 and 8.3

Ah yeah, I forgot about that. But didn't see it actually stated here, musta missed it. Thanks though. Guess the only sticking point will be whether we will be able to continue hacks and using nav mods. My F90 works fine for me, though the new igo would be nice, I like the lay outs of the individual mods.

that can be set in the voice file. There is a post on it on another forum. I would have to find it again. I use it on igo8 and amigo. But a lot of the times it tells you the wrong side. That is probably why they don't include it by default. I will see if I can find that post again and put the info here. I haven't tried it with the default igo8 on the avic yet.

I am more than a little miffed at Pioneer's audacity here. To charge me to upgrade defective firmware! And I can safely assume the "3.0" firmware won't be much better. "2.0" still sucked. I will never buy another Pioneer product again, nor will I encourage my friends to do it.

I will not be giving them 70$ or, even one penny to fix these defects. They lost a potentially great customer here. Kenwood has my business from now on. :evil::evil:

Your paying for the map lisence fee... Firmware is thrown in!!

i dont know if it was 3.0 or not because I didnt really get a chance to play around, but my pioneer rep has a new firmware in his f90

all the difference in the world, just navigating menus and ipod i would pay 70$ for that

the letter search can be scrolled through as fast as you tap, same for up/down scroll (even with my 3000 songs)

i think the rest is just a bonus

so they have made some improvements to it?

lately my bluetooth has been acting up. also my damn map will go automatically into 2d when i hit the autobahn and i have to change it back to 3d

the buildings dont show up at all either.

You can turn that off. I forget what its called, but its in the navi settings somewhere.