AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in on the group buy! (just kidding!) :lol:

I will be purchasing this when it comes out. I bought my 90BT 2 months ago and maps are out of date at least from where I'm from. A lot of roads in my area have been around for a few years and they are not shown.

i would gladly pay the intro price of $70, if the new map updates will recognize that fact that my house isn't 4 houses from where it actually is. Its not like i live in the middle of nowhere. I live LA county for avic's sake.

i would gladly pay the intro price of $70, if the new map updates will recognize that fact that my house isn't 4 houses from where it actually is. Its not like i live in the middle of nowhere. I live LA county for avic's sake.

Most likely this problem will not be fixed, and here is why.

Map data base using by navi doesn't actually have GPS locations of everything address of every house because that will be a very very big data set. Instead, it only has GPS locations of every street block at the begin of the block.

The navi then assumes each block has 100 numbers; thus 100-199, 200-299...etc., and devices the block into 100 even pieces. So if your street, like mine, has only 30 numbers, and if you live in the last house of that street, the navi will think it reaching your house when it is only 1/3 into the block.

I know this is dumb question but does anyone know what processor in the F-series? The new X, Z have 600Mhz processors.

The processor in the F-series is a 600MHz SiRF Titan dual-core ARM11. Same one used in other PNAs like the HP iPaq 310 series. ARM1136EJ1 core, ARM V6 instruction set.

Summary of the proc's at http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a11gst

Thanks... so in my opinion the X and the F series are the same units inside, the only difference is where they placed the Pioneer logo and new knob. Just a marketing ploy to make people forget all the issues of the F-series had.

Its the same with every Navigation Unit I've used. I also live in LA County. I think someone above just me posted the reason behind it.

I know this is dumb question but does anyone know what processor in the F-series? The new X, Z have 600Mhz processors.

The processor in the F-series is a 600MHz SiRF Titan dual-core ARM11. Same one used in other PNAs like the HP iPaq 310 series. ARM1136EJ1 core, ARM V6 instruction set.

Summary of the proc's at http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a11gst

Thanks... so in my opinion the X and the F series are the same units inside, the only difference is where they placed the Pioneer logo and new knob. Just a marketing ploy to make people forget all the issues of the F-series had.

I read on here somewhere that the X will have A2DP capability, if that is true then it would have to have different BT than the current Parrot hardware in the F (also according to what I've read on here).

SO...for those of you who think that 3.0 is not going to be that significant of an upgrade...would you at this point suggest the purchase of an F series to a friend? Iam looking to purchase an F series HU, but after reading all it's drawbacks am now having second thoughts.

What does everyone think?

D3?>??

gruvncubn

Honestly does anyone search or browse the thread lists? So much time is wasted, with these back and forth, repetitive Q/A sessions. Questions about the hardware differences, Read this Thread....

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24318

foreverbfc

Street Customs opened a new shop in Berlin, 1st project was a Smart Car for Wladimir Klitschko. They put the New X-Series Pioneer. Is that double-name drop enough to get one? 8)

gruvncubn

Honestly does anyone search or browse the thread lists? So much time is wasted, with these back and forth, repetitive Q/A sessions. Questions about the hardware differences, Read this Thread....

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24318

Thanks, but I did do a search but I was at work and didn't have time to do a in depth search.

SO...for those of you who think that 3.0 is not going to be that significant of an upgrade...would you at this point suggest the purchase of an F series to a friend? Iam looking to purchase an F series HU, but after reading all it's drawbacks am now having second thoughts.

What does everyone think?

D3?>??

I'd love to hear about this as well as I'm thinking of buying an F90BT but, I too, am having seconds thoughts. It's a great deal but looks like a PITA to deal with all the issues. What do you guys think? What would you guys do?

I love the 90BT. I have two. I can deal with the mild issues of 2.0 to the point that if 3.0 beaks my mods, I won't go for 3.0.

The mods are the one thing that makes it worthwhile. Kenwood/Garmin can't compete in that aspect, and it (in my opinion) pushes the F-Series ahead of the Kenwoods. I really don't have significant issues with the F90. Yes, sometimes my bluetooth doesn't hang up right away, but usually it does. I can take an extra 30-60 seconds of silence. Is it ideal, no. Bootup time, not an issue for me. I had an AVIC-D2 before this so 15 seconds from engine on to music isn't much of a problem. Works fine the rest of the way in.

Voice recognition works about 90% of the time (it never works on the Kenwood because it isn't included!). iPod disconnects once a week. None of these things bother me. Would it be nice if they didn't happen at all? Sure.

Kenwoods have poorer screen resolution ALL THE TIME. Its not a defect, its a poor design. You can't beat the Pioneer's iPod interface, the ability to mod (use GPS when driving - without putting parking break on, video (same - although I never do it), voice control .

I would highly recommend it. It's not perfect, ut nothing is. It is also dirt cheap compared to the Kenwood. Price wasn't an issue for me personally, I just liked the Pioneer better. I figured if it didn't work for me, I could afford to replace it with a Kenwood (I'm a HUGE Garmin fan). I never have - then I bought a second, the wife loves it, all my friends love it and a few of them have bought an F-Series as well/ Even my installler was impressed, and he deals strictly with Kenwoods.