AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would gladly pay the intro price of $70, if the new map updates will recognize that fact that my house isn't 4 houses from where it actually is. Its not like i live in the middle of nowhere. I live LA county for avic's sake.

Most likely this problem will not be fixed, and here is why.

Map data base using by navi doesn't actually have GPS locations of everything address of every house because that will be a very very big data set. Instead, it only has GPS locations of every street block at the begin of the block.

The navi then assumes each block has 100 numbers; thus 100-199, 200-299...etc., and devices the block into 100 even pieces. So if your street, like mine, has only 30 numbers, and if you live in the last house of that street, the navi will think it reaching your house when it is only 1/3 into the block.

Works when I use Tom Tom using Leetlauncher. FInds my house exactly where it is.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I went a few pages back and didn't come across it.

So we know this update will be tied to your own navigation unit, but is that only for the map updates? Will the 3.0 firmware be able to be "acquired" in other ways so that at least we can get the firmware update if we don't need the maps?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I went a few pages back and didn't come across it.

So we know this update will be tied to your own navigation unit, but is that only for the map updates? Will the 3.0 firmware be able to be "acquired" in other ways so that at least we can get the firmware update if we don't need the maps?

Thanks.

I think that it has been hypothesized that the firmware will likely be released as a free '3.0-only' version at some later point in time. It is, of course, speculation only at this point though.

As has been written here before, the 3.0 update includes igo 8.3 this uses an other map-format then 8.0, so you really cannot use it whitout the mapupdate, so it will be unlikely pioneer is going to release it without....

As has been written here before, the 3.0 update includes igo 8.3 this uses an other map-format then 8.0, so you really cannot use it whitout the mapupdate, so it will be unlikely pioneer is going to release it without....

I wish they'd just release it, PERIOD!

I wish they'd just release it, PERIOD!

+1 The waiting is killing me.

It's F*cking unbelievable that Pioneer ask such much money for the update.

People from this forum has made the unit better then Pioneer.

Ok i understand that you have to pay for map license. But seperate the firmware from maps...... because maps i can get them elsewhere ;)

We'll have to wait to pop up in newsgroups or something.

I paid $188 for my F500BT... $130 for the upgrades seems well.... insane. IGO8 software only costs around $90 and they are getting it for less than that since they are buying in bulk... So if the cost is because of the new igo8 software, $50 should cover it. Then the other upgrades would be bug fixes and should be free or have a minimal cost... so $60 would be as high as it should ever cost. Plus you can get a whole new GPS for $130!!! This really is simply insane...

I am in on a group buy! =) Just kidding, I know we can't do that.... or at least not until someone cracks it.

I prefer the amigo software anyways... I will just keep my v2 and use leetlauncher to run my amigo software.

I paid $188 for my F500BT...

Consider it a good buy. Now spend the money you saved on the purchase of the updated maps and firmware.

Plus you can get a whole new GPS for $130!!! This really is simply insane...

Maybe you can get a base model piece of crap GPS for $130, but not anything comparable to your in-dash Navigation System.

In summary, cry us a river. Everybody is whining so much about a product that hasn't even freaking been released yet. WANNNNH.

Now chill the f*** out and wait patiently like the rest of us.

Is there going to be an aftermarket for the 3.0 upgrade? Will avic owners be able to sell each other their 3.0 SD cards?

As has been previously stated, the cards will have a specific key, likely partially generated based off of your units serial number. So they likely will only be able to be used on your device & not shared unless someone can hack / crack them (which wont be known until they are released).

Plus you can get a whole new GPS for $130!!! This really is simply insane...

Maybe you can get a base model piece of crap GPS for $130, but not anything comparable to your in-dash Navigation System.

In summary, cry us a river. Everybody is whining so much about a product that hasn't even freaking been released yet. WANNNNH.

Now chill the f*** out and wait patiently like the rest of us.

If you are going to talk shit to someone, get your facts straight... it is an ON DASH system I bought. Notice also, I am not impatient to get it... I said I don't want it. dumb ass.