AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent the following email to Pioneer:

"I am the not so proud owner of an AVIC-F90BT. While I anxiously await the 3.0 firmware upgrade so hopefully the unit will perform better, I find it disgusting that in spite of all the problems these units have had and continue to have, I will need to pay $130 for the update. Pioneer should provide these updates for free to existing owners because you sold us very buggy units while claiming they were a "Premiere" product. Shame on Pioneer."

I received the following reply from Pioneer today:

"There will be a free update made available to AVIC F series owners that will not provide full X series functionality or updated mapping, but will correct some glitches in F series firmware,

While we cannot provide more specific information at this time, please continue to check our website for more information in the coming weeks.

Thank You,

Mark

Customer Service Representative

"

"I am the not so proud owner of an AVIC-F90BT. While I anxiously await the 3.0 firmware upgrade so hopefully the unit will perform better, I find it disgusting that in spite of all the problems these units have had and continue to have, I will need to pay $130 for the update. Pioneer should provide these updates for free to existing owners because you sold us very buggy units while claiming they were a "Premiere" product. Shame on Pioneer."

"There will be a free update made available to AVIC F series owners that will not provide full X series functionality or updated mapping, but will correct some glitches in F series firmware,

While we cannot provide more specific information at this time, please continue to check our website for more information in the coming weeks.

Thank You,

Mark

"

Good to know thanks for emailing them.Basically they are giving you all the updates of 3.0 without the newest maps and igo 8.3 which goes with it. Fair enough. Its not like pioneer gets the maps for free

I should have the 3.0 update installed on Tuesday on my F900BT EU.

I know somebody who already has it, and i should see him on tuesday to get it too.

Will let you know...

I don't understand anything about it, see the posting of Jörg two days ago:

Map update is delayed in Europe until September (from Juli originally) as they still have to do more testing. 2.007 was withdrawn from the German site due to bugs with some destinations in Scandinavia.

Verbal info from Pioneer Hotline

Who the fxxk needs new maps after the holiday season? These guys can't get anything right.

See you in September

JörgSegler1963

Private messageMSNM/WLM

Thank You,

Mark

"

i don't believe them

Guys be gentle with me, i have searched this thread but cant find the specific answer i`m looking for, its a little bit off topic from the 3. map / firmware thread, but, I have recently bought and installed a JVC KW-NT1, but thus far i`m not so impressed with it, nothing really wrong with the unit apart from I went on an 800 mile trip through Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas and I did not see one highway exit sign throughout the whole journey, prior to having this unit I used a hacked Mio C320 with IGO 8.3 and this showed almost all the highway exits that I ever used, my kid now has the Mio, i`m from the UK now living in the USA, so having this feature is a big plus for me as I usually have absolutely no idea where I am going, anyhow back on topic, I have the chance of buying a refurbished Avic F710BT for $280, so a couple of questions:

I believe the 710BT is exactly the same as the 700BT with all the same features.

Will firmware / map V3 be available for the F710BT.

Any problems with refurbs from Pioneer.

I`m not worried about playing DVD`s, so the 710 sounds good to me, but do you still have to do the bypass to play Xvid videos from the SD card slot.

Does $280 plus the cost of the update sound a reasonable price.

TIA guys.

You guys make ne laugh. You are all getting upset and angry over posts made purely on speculation and rumours. Think threads like this should be locked and you should all just wait and see what happens for real when they release the update.

+1000000. Thank you. Seriously. You're all getting so angry over something, quite frankly, none of you know anything about. You are not an engineer employed by Pioneer, therefore you can't say that you know for sure what will or will not be included in the update, or if the firmware will be free and provided separately.

You're all speculating on what you see as a "Coming Soon!" product on Pioneer's website.

This is how hysteria spreads. A bunch of tards that get angry over something which has details that have not been fully announced or even released yet. That's like getting angry at a Concept Car at an Auto Show. It's not the official release of the car. Relax.

This thread shouldn't even exist, as the Topic itself is incorrect. The update has not been released (as has been said before repeatedly). All you're seeing is a freaking advertisement for a product that is still being developed.

I saw a post mentioning the rebate here in Australia for the map update. I am the OP and you can download the rebate form from here:

http://www.pioneer.com.au/navxtra/

Time for some soapboxing.

All you guys whining over the price you paid make me sick. In the rest of the world we pay a hell of a lot more for the unit. The rrp here is AUD$1995.00 (~US$1600.00) for the F900BT, and we dont get MSN, Voice Recognition, and a bunch of other features in our units. I didn't pay that, but still you get my point. So someone crying poor about paying $130 for an update on a unit he paid only $188 for, can shove his tears up his ass! If you cant afford it, dont do it, but shut the hell up because nobody cares! The update isnt even out yet, but there are 19 pages of people complaining about speculation on what it might or might not do. Complain after it comes out, not before, because judging from Pioneer's poor upadate history there sure as hell will be things to complain about after the update. Just be glad you didnt buy a Kenwood POS.

What a bunch of babies. Grow up!

I saw a post mentioning the rebate here in Australia for the map update. I am the OP and you can download the rebate form from here:

All you guys whining over the price you paid make me sick. In the rest of the world we pay a hell of a lot more for the unit. The rrp here is AUD$1995.00 (~US$1600.00) for the F900BT, and we dont get MSN, Voice Recognition, and a bunch of other features in our units. I didn't pay that, but still you get my point. So someone crying poor about paying $130 for an update on a unit he paid only $188 for, can shove his tears up his ass! If you cant afford it, dont do it, but shut the hell up because nobody cares! The update isnt even out yet, but there are 19 pages of people complaining about speculation on what it might or might not do. Complain after it comes out, not before, because judging from Pioneer's poor upadate history there sure as hell will be things to complain about after the update. Just be glad you didnt buy a Kenwood POS.

This is an oddly hostile forum where someone gets attacked for voicing a strong opinion. Maybe you are the one who should quit crying over your high prices. I am not the one leveling personal attacks. I think the prices suck based on my previous explanation. While you attack someone instead of voicing an intelligent argument. grow up.

On another note. To those who stood up for me, thank you. I was going to start working on avic mods but have just now decided against it. To put it simply, there are too many @$$holes on this forum. I am out.

I wish they would get with tomtom for map commands, or any other brand. I hate the war the pioneer unit is setup. Yes I have read the instructions, but it can be so much more simple. Also I have been a hug pioneer fan forever. I can go to walmart and pick up a $100 cd player and it works flawless, but this system is just garbage right now. I am so surprised that it made it out of R&D and into the market with all the issues and slowness it has, just not very pioneer like at all. With that said, only the 3.o update can save its spot in my supra, if thats not tons better then Ill go back to a tomtom and a standard cd player

This is an oddly hostile forum where someone gets attacked for voicing a strong opinion. Maybe you are the one who should quit crying over your high prices. I am not the one leveling personal attacks. I think the prices suck based on my previous explanation. While you attack someone instead of voicing an intelligent argument. grow up.

On another note. To those who stood up for me, thank you. I was going to start working on avic mods but have just now decided against it. To put it simply, there are too many @$$holes on this forum. I am out.

Man, that's really a pity, i really like the dimka skins(their yours if i understand correctly). I just downloade the newest one, to see if i could use some of the code or my avic, but i'm probably going to mess this up....

Suggested price here in europe suck even more though....€ 149,-(info from pioneer)...and no chanche on any rebate...