AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to order and was told it would be $130, she said that they weren't selling them at $60. There were 1700 backorders for the update. Also, she told me the map udates were 2008 and the '09 wouldn't be out until October. Not sure what is going on. Guess I'll wait and see when people here start receiving theirs.

Everytime i call, i just get the answering machine saying to leave a message, did all you guys just leave a message and have them call you back to place your order?

Its been like that for me for the past 40 minutes.

Edit: Just got through, and it sounds like there is some internal confusion on the price up the update, and they will have to call me back.

There's a couple of instruction manuals for v3 on Pioneer's UK site -

Here http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25 ... media.html under "manuals"

They show what changes have been made in the new version of iGo, and say you need a password to run the upgrade (though it doesn't say how you get it!).

The user manual is actually in English, not Spanish!! :roll:

This isn't looking good for us Canadians.. I can't find any information on the updates. A "coming soon" on the Canadian Pioneer website would help in the least..

Have you tried calling Pioneer Canada? What about ordering the update from Pioneer USA?

they didnt ask for my serial number when i ordered, i ordered from a woman named Kim. So if they didnt ask for my serial number, what prevents me from installing it and then giving it to someone else to install?

Yeah Corina asked if my unit was registered. I said no, and even offered to give her the serial number, but she didn't seem interested in wanting it. So it will be also interesting to see what happens when these are delivered. She said August for me.