AVIC411.com

Z110BT Full Demo Video

Thanks for posting the vids! Those have got to be the longest fingernails I've ever seen on a guy. :)

It's too bad there are no themes or any way to make the UI prettier. It looks easy enough to use, but compared to the old Z-series and other even older AVICs, the UI looks really plain.

Obviously this is much better than anything Pioneer has previously produced, but I'm still appalled by the glaring oversights in the UI. They had a chance to do everything over again and they still made the same mistakes? I just don't get it.

Come on Jason, you had them right there, forced to listen to you, and you didn't ask any of the obvious questions?

what things do you think it lacks?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for uploading this video, I've been trying to find out what the boot times are everywhere but nobody seems to know. There are virtually no reviews online yet, other than Cut & Paste from Pioneer PDFs.

For me the bootup time is one of the biggest factors in a vehicle GPS. It sucks to have to sit in your car and wait for 30-60 seconds before you can enter your address into the GPS. I bought the F700 and ended up returning it because I couldn't stand the ridiculously long bootup time (about 40 seconds). I went back to my old AVIC-D3 which boots up in about 12 seconds. I just wish Pioneer made a model that had the interface of the D or F series (with a knob) and a fast processor like the Z series. It's so frustrating, because I want to upgrade from my old D3, but there is no product I would truly be happy with. I love my D3, but the maps are so pretty on the new units.

The other two major dealbreakers for me besides the boot times are 2-D heading up mode (which the F series never had until firmware 3.0) and the ability to do a bypass. If only Pioneer would release an X700BT with a faster processor I would be sold.

the Z110BT boots very fast. There is a video on here somehwere from the Pioneer roadshow that shows it along with the new X-series booting up at the same time. I had a D3 before my F900BT, and from the video I would say the Z110BT's boot time is comparable to the D3. It also has the 2D heading up as do the X/F-series with 3.0.