AVIC411.com

Z110BT Full Demo Video

Part 1:

Part 2:

YouTube is still processing the video, once it finishes, it will show up in HD!

Very cool; thanks for those. I'm liking the Z110BT a lot. I'm just blown away that Pioneer didn't upgrade the CPU/RAM/GPU in the X710 and X910 as well. I miss having a tangible knob to be able to control volume on the Z110BT and would lean towards the X910 for that reason...if it wasn't for the still laggy response time and boot time (in comparison to the current F90BT).

Curious... what are your thoughts on the bare minimum changes that were made for the X910/X710?

Thanks for the videos! Any vids of the X series/3.0 in action? I can't go by the new vids of the X series just posted on Pioneer's website as those are clearly sped up (The iPod Connectivity video they have). It would be nice to see real world use of the system so I don't have to blow the money on the F series update as if it is still laggy all around, I'll just sell the F to my brother, and use that along with the money saved on the update to fund the Z110.

Also, I'm surprised that they didn't try to make more use out of the 3D graphics chip. Coverflow for the iPod or XM channel banners would have been awesome. Also coverflow for scrolling through Bluetooth contacts would have been pretty sweet. It seems a bit of a waste to use it just on the custom main menus and nav software alone. Leetlauncher had an OK coverflow setup with no 3D accel; heres to hoping for modding on the new Z! Windows CE OS + 3D acceleration + CPU/RAM upgrades = limitless possibilities for emulation, etc.

... I'm surprised that they didn't try to make more use out of the 3D graphics chip...

They are probably going to keep the HW the same or very similar for the next few years. So thinking like that they probably want to make sure the HW is more capable then the current features not just at par. Especially if they add a few thing on the next few SW releases.

A lot of the navigation functionalties seem the same as on the previous Z3, but a bit jazzed up and faster.....

They basically overhauled the entire user interface.

It will be interesting to see if they've actually improved the routing algorithms from the previous version....

^ i was wondering about the routing algorithms too. The routing on the F series is fine, but on the old Z and D series it was crap. While this units interface resembles the F and X series, I don't believe it is actually based on the same platform as the F and X. There are too many things that are different, and it boots way too fast to be based on the same platform. Also, I don't think iGo8 has that junction view, so this seems more like a custom-built nav program like the Z series has.

Obviously this is much better than anything Pioneer has previously produced, but I'm still appalled by the glaring oversights in the UI. They had a chance to do everything over again and they still made the same mistakes? I just don't get it.

Come on Jason, you had them right there, forced to listen to you, and you didn't ask any of the obvious questions?

Obviously this is much better than anything Pioneer has previously produced, but I'm still appalled by the glaring oversights in the UI. They had a chance to do everything over again and they still made the same mistakes? I just don't get it.

Come on Jason, you had them right there, forced to listen to you, and you didn't ask any of the obvious questions?

long time no see skicrave