AVIC411.com

skip warning and nag for AVIC F900BT 4.001000 update

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that is why I use my phone instead... :(

I still use my Garmin for a nav and the Pioneer for an AM radio...best of both of their respective abilities.

Well, that is a little bit extreme :unsure: I love the navigation part with my MOD, just a little bit slow the ARM CPU, I agree.

You know that you can build a contact list with Pioneer (up to 400).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have such the same problem.

when leaving the garage - often the satellites are not immediately, and the map freezes.

possible reason - igo / ezrider. I do not know.

problem has always existed, but before MAP pressed later,

so the problem was noticeable.

Is it possible to generate Map button press like 120 seconds from boot up? This way the satellites will be locked and no manual keypress will be necessary.

Is it possible to generate Map button press like 120 seconds from boot up? This way the satellites will be locked and no manual keypress will be necessary.

The problem is the hacked click from this hack. I suspect this hack sometime clicks on the map instead of the nag message, thus the freeze with a target/cursor on the map. Yeah, you will have this program only when there is no GPS lock at the beginning, or when you are off the route, like in a parking lot of shopping centres.

Only Carver can address this but he doesn't seem to be around now ... :twisted::twisted:

I would never wait 120 seconds, I would press MAP instead :mrgreen: .

The problem is the hacked click from this hack. I suspect this hack sometime clicks on the map instead of the nag message, thus the freeze with a target/cursor on the map. Yeah, you will have this program only when there is no GPS lock at the beginning, or when you are off the route, like in a parking lot of shopping centres.

Only Carver can address this but he doesn't seem to be around now ... :twisted::twisted:

I would never wait 120 seconds, I would press MAP instead :mrgreen: .

I patched the file for various delay times, like 60 seconds, 90 seconds etc. And it works as intended, It switches to map mode after the satellites are locked. Only problem is, it does this only after a hot restart. (not very long time is passed after you turn off and on ignition) When you make a cold restart (like an hour or so) the system seems to forget that you were in map mode and never presses the map button. It stays at the main menu. I dont think the hack clickes on the nag screen, it would definetely show up when I'm waiting 60 seconds before automatic map click. The problem for me right now is, system doesnt remember it was in navigation mode.

I patched the file for various delay times, like 60 seconds, 90 seconds etc. And it works as intended, It switches to map mode after the satellites are locked. Only problem is, it does this only after a hot restart. (not very long time is passed after you turn off and on ignition) When you make a cold restart (like an hour or so) the system seems to forget that you were in map mode and never presses the map button. It stays at the main menu. I dont think the hack clickes on the nag screen, it would definetely show up when I'm waiting 60 seconds before automatic map click. The problem for me right now is, system doesnt remember it was in navigation mode.

Hummm ... my pick is that remembering or not the map/navigation mode is AVIC's duty, not the hacked MainMenu.exe or its DLL.

Cold or hot start, I always got the same results: if you turn you key to ON then stay there for a couple of seconds, then start the engine, then for sure it will stay at the main menu, so the click would be useless (the click is to emulate the push on the nag message OK button, but if map is not to show it will be useless). But if you turn the key to ON and stay there less than two seconds and start the engine, the click always works! Except sometime the cursor is shown on the map and will not follow the car when you move the car (GPS locking issue).

I know that because I use special fonts installed in TestMode, and everytime when the AVIC shows me the main menu instead of the map, I lost my fonts and have to reinstall again in TestMode. This suggests that during the couple of seconds on ON, then cut its power because of the ENGINE STARTING, WinCe thought that there is a booting problem and reset everything to default, then boots. Did you also note that if your SD was playing before the restart, the A/V will be turned OFF after the restart, if the main menu is shown?

I always has this problem before in each cold morning during Canadian winter, I use my remote starter and the pre-programmed delay is marginal, so sometime I got the main menu, and sometime I got the map. Never had this problem if I don't pollute (turn the key myself)!

:mrgreen:

Anyone know if this works with the AVIC-X910BT? And if so, which version would I use from the first thread?

Yes! The first two downloads, one for the nag message and one for the telephone fix. Place all extracted files in "\My Flash Disk\APL" and overwrite existing files. Don't forget to make backup of the original files first.