AVIC411.com

skip warning and nag for AVIC F900BT 4.001000 update

I tried it. So far, it works as FourG has said. I have no probs, all is well, & no nagging nav mess except on cold startup if already on the nav screen. Love it. Thanks Carver, and all the others who are working on these things. Just letting you know it works for me, and I like it!

Thanks again.

Harvey Gordon

Now if we can just figure out that last piece of the puzzle to get rid of it altogether....

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put this on my Aussie (AU) F900BT and it works fine so the EW should be okay too (both units are very similar). The only time the warning comes up is when the unit is left on map as previously posted. I might be wrong but I also thought that the txt was different to my standard AU message. I'm going to put the old one back and check when I get 5 mins to myself.

I installed this hack.

However there are TWO times when the Navi Warning comes up:

After a restart when it was left on the Map Screen.

After a restart when it was left on the Main Menu.

but all other combinations work.

EDIT:

This hack no longer works in 3.0.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong path to begin with...

CommonLib.dll is in My Flash Disk\APL\

You will need to copy the modified CommonLib.dll to your SD card along with the TestMode folder. Then when in Windows CE, you want to copy the original CommonLib.dll to your SD card, rename it something like CommonLib.bak. Then copy the new modified version to the APL folder, overwriting the old CommonLib.dll.