AVIC411.com

No more lights on 2005 F250

Ok, I figured it out.... well I didn't figure it out... I ended up talking to my friend and told him what happened and how I wan having problems and how the headlights just "fixed" themselves.

My friend asked "Did you hit the plow switch?"

He has a plow on this thing and there is a toggle switch under the dash which switched the headlights from the truck to the ones that are above the plow. I must have hit that by accident.

I feel like such a retard!

I went out and tested it and yes, that is what that toggle switch does.

Oh well, at least I figured out my problem. The wiring up of the Z1 and the interface with the truck is perfect!

Thanks everyone for the ideas!
Yah, I was getting a little worried that I messed up his truck and he didn't even give me permission to take it. I knew he would like it and he wife knew about it. But I couldn't believe that I hit that switch without knowing it and that's all it was.

I still feel like a retard, but I feel better I didn't mess anything up. Looks nice in there too, I'll post a pic.
Purty. I love how stock double dins look in that dash. If it makes you feel any better I ran into the same situation a few months back putting an amp/sub in a customers suburban. Got done with the work went to start the truck to test it out. Truck wouldn't start. To make a long story short, 3 hours go by call the customer he tells me where he hid the toggle switch that disables the coil pack. I felt dumb. :oops:
OMG Steve! I never even considered that! I'm originally from Idaho and have installed several plows on trucks...and yes...that is what you do. You need that switch to flip power to the extra set of lights you install with the plow since the plow blade will block the factory lights.

So tell us...how much time did you waste on this?? I know you pulled the dash apart.
[quote name="03Aviator"]So tell us...how much time did you waste on this?? I know you pulled the dash apart.[/quote]

The dash does just pop off. I probably wasted 4-6 hours messing with things looking for the problem. I would have been done Sunday night at 6pm ish, but I was up till 10:30 ish and then worked on it some more Monday night till it just started working again. I didn't add up the exact time, it depresses me.
[quote name="jimmy303"]Could very well be. Check all your harnesses at the column and off to the right of the column (there are 2). I tried every combination of f**king up I could imagine and cannot reproduce your problem.[/quote]

It was just the "plow switch".
[quote name="jimmy303"]Could very well be. Check all your harnesses at the column and off to the right of the column (there are 2). I tried every combination of f**king up I could imagine and cannot reproduce your problem.[/quote]
LOL Jimmy, you didn't check page two of all the posts.. Problem solved!
LMAO. Totally and unexpected solution! Here I was in your other thread trying to think if the 250 was wired differently then the 150 and I kept thinking no it isn't.

Then I thought about things that could be wrong with the alarm, but none would give the result you had.

So then I was going to ask if he had hella type front spotlights with a toggle. Not the plow answer, but similar.

Duke