AVIC411.com

So I need an opinion on F vx X vx Z...

I am just now looking at finally getting a nice HU in my RX-8. I have heard a ton of great things about the F90BT, but I also just saw the X series come out, but have read that an F90BT with the software update is pretty much the same thing. But then of course is the new Z sitting out there that looks amazing.

In terms of getting the best value, which is my best bet? I have been told by a few people that the F90BT would be the best 'value' pick in terms of great performance/features, but not crazy pricey either.

Oh, and a side question, do any of these units support reading ID3 tags of MP3's (not on an iPod). Reason I ask is almost all the ID3 tags in my MP3 collection are complete even with album art, and it would be cool to see that at work in my car.

Thanks!

I actually have a question along the same lines

I can get a F90bt for around 600.00 (cartoys online) the same cost as the new U310BT (pre-order crutchfield). I am not really going to be using video so that does not really matter so much. I am just wondering if the new software and ipod interface in the U310BT is the best cost option? I know the F90BT has a bigger screen and voice command but would need the 130.00 software upgrade. So im torn? Should I jump on the f90BT while its stll out there or wait for the new one?

Anyone???

I actually have a question along the same lines

I can get a F90bt for around 600.00 (cartoys online) the same cost as the new U310BT (pre-order crutchfield). I am not really going to be using video so that does not really matter so much. I am just wondering if the new software and ipod interface in the U310BT is the best cost option? I know the F90BT has a bigger screen and voice command but would need the 130.00 software upgrade. So im torn? Should I jump on the f90BT while its stll out there or wait for the new one?

Anyone???

Just to clear things up, the upgrade is technically for 2009 maps and the firmware upgrade is just an included bonus. Also, based on what i have been reading on the forums, the update will have an introductory price of around $70.

IMO, i would get the f90bt. It comes with the ipod cable, larger screen, voice controls, and a 2 year warranty. Even with the upgrade, it should come out to $670.