AVIC411.com

3.0 supports Asian fonts?

Hi Jason,

Do you know if the 3.0 supports Asian fonts? A few of members, including me, modified the unit to display Asian fonts. It will be nice if the 3.0 can display the fonts that the ipod can display.

My guess is no, because I got similar question a week ago, and asked Pioneer support about any of their GPS product with Asian Language support.

This is what they say on Jun 16th:

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Unfortunately, all of the current navigation systems are all based on alphabetical characters only. It won't display any other characters.

Thank You,

Oliver

Customer Service Representative"

I didn't ask about the 3.0 but if 3.0 had the support I'm sure they would say that to me to wait for the 3.0 update.

There is a hack for language? I need to find out about that after the 3.0 update and someone figures out the hack.

just curious..whats 3.0?

3.0 is the new firmware/software for the F-series and on the X-series that is coming.

It is bad that my little ipod nano can display Asian fonts but our headunit, basically a computer, cannot. :evil:

My thoughts exactly. Especially companies like Pioneer, who originated in Japan, and is a multinational company, but they have this great monitor that is able to display anything with lots of pixel but can not display Asian languages.

My nano been displaying any language since generation 1, and Apple started in US.

My thoughts exactly. Especially companies like Pioneer, who originated in Japan, and is a multinational company, but they have this great monitor that is able to display anything with lots of pixel but can not display Asian languages.

My nano been displaying any language since generation 1, and Apple started in US.

Becasue we can only purchase US knock-off version , most of the top line Japanese electronics stay in their domestic makret ,I am sure if you buy the Japanese pioneer navi ,it does support Asian fonts and also english.

I think one of the reason is most of these company in US despite their origin don't think Internationaly. They only think nationaly, and locally. When they start making the softwares, they only think English, and because of New England area, French, and because we are next to Mexico, they think of Spanish, but they don't think beyond that.

The company later on that does implement International language, will probably be the one that see a jump in their sales. The International people might not make up a lot of percentage for the market here, but lets say we make up of 5% who knows both English and another language, and either Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc start making their GPS/iTunes/Bluetooth/etc with support for International Languages, then their sale might jump about 5%, while the others might drop a few percentage. That's still a lot.

That's my take.

I think one of the reason is most of these company in US despite their origin don't think Internationaly. They only think nationaly, and locally. When they start making the softwares, they only think English, and because of New England area, French, and because we are next to Mexico, they think of Spanish, but they don't think beyond that.

The company later on that does implement International language, will probably be the one that see a jump in their sales. The International people might not make up a lot of percentage for the market here, but lets say we make up of 5% who knows both English and another language, and either Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc start making their GPS/iTunes/Bluetooth/etc with support for International Languages, then their sale might jump about 5%, while the others might drop a few percentage. That's still a lot.

That's my take.

Forget about international language in the system level. I will be more than happy if it can just display what I have on the iPod. I had the "Asian Fonts" mod on my unit, it worked great but it does not play well with the MSN Direct. I have to choose between them.