AVIC411.com

Looking to add XM radio

Apparently, things have changed and you need to buy like 2 pieces now to get the XM to work?

Does anybody know EXACTLY what I need to add XM to my F900bt? Model numbers or part numbers of the pieces I need would be EXTRA awesome... I'm sick of my same old iPod music!

Yeah, I see there's two different XM modules listed...

The one that you mentioned, the GEX-P10XMT, and the other is the GEX-P920XM

The GEX-P920XM is half the price of the one you suggested. I'm curious what the difference is? On the pioneer site, it says the P10 has NavTraffic but the F-series uses MSN Direct for traffic, right?

I want the station logo displayed, so is that something that only the P10XMT will do?

Good luck on getting one and expect to do some hunting. For some reason Pioneer has evidently stopped making the GEX-P920XM at least temporarily and they are hard to find. Most online dealers including Pioneer are currently out of stock. I lucked out Friday and managed to get one of only three that Best Buy had listed in the entire Atlanta area.

Good luck on getting one and expect to do some hunting. For some reason Pioneer has evidently stopped making the GEX-P920XM at least temporarily and they are hard to find. Most online dealers including Pioneer are currently out of stock. I lucked out Friday and managed to get one of only three that Best Buy had listed in the entire Atlanta area.

There is always ebay, which is where I got mine.

Yeah, I see there's two different XM modules listed...

The one that you mentioned, the GEX-P10XMT, and the other is the GEX-P920XM

The GEX-P920XM is half the price of the one you suggested. I'm curious what the difference is? On the pioneer site, it says the P10 has NavTraffic but the F-series uses MSN Direct for traffic, right?

I want the station logo displayed, so is that something that only the P10XMT will do?

go here for the logos

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23129

If you can get one, they are great. I installed my F90 and P920XM this weekend and love it. The sound quality is great and if you have musical tastes that runs anywhere outside of the mainstream pop/rap/country there is so much more variety available. Other than setting up FM presets and testing the Cd player I have not listened to anything but XM since installation.