AVIC411.com

AVIC-F500BT with alpine IDA-x100

Hi guys, I did a few searches to try to find something close to this but didnt come up with much.... I am looking into buying a AVIC-F500BT but I have a completely aftermarket stereo already existing in my car. I have a Alpine ida-x100 head unit (which has no cd slot or anything JUST a IPOD/USB plugin). I want to know if there is a way to keep my IPOD directly connected to my alpine deck and somehow be able to use the voice recognition for IPOD playback from the avic OR connect my IPOD to the AVIC while still maintaining audio quality. Is there a way? Thanks

I have basically what you are asking about.

I am using a pioneer DEH-P500 instead of your Alpine, but the functionality is the same.

Yo cannot access the VR stuff from outside the AVIC, forget that idea right now.

However, your Alpine has an AUX in and the AVIC has an audio output...yes, it works...however, the output voltage on the AVIC is incredibly low. Seems odd to me that pioneer would make a nav system that is not compatible with their deck, but whatever.

The Bluetooth is just about perfect, the USB/SD setup is OK, the external antenna is MMCX, so fairly available, the external mic is 2.5mm, again, easy to find.

All in all, a well spent $200.

GL!

Luke

your best bet is to just buy a F700bt instead of tring to get a bunch of different sh1t to work with each other and just selling your ida-x100. unless you like having extra things on your dash and having to do some stuff on this device but having to do other stuff on that device, then being pissed about the sound quality because the f500 is so quiet and with the volume all the way turned up all you hear is static, and then you still can't even play a CD, not to mention that 700's can be had for less than $500 and the coolest part of that alpine is its ipod interface which you will not be using since you want voice rec.