AVIC411.com

iPhone 3GS (3.0) and Alert sounds

All iPhone 3.0 users and GS users,

Please verify:

With the introduction of Bluetooth Streaming, the alert sounds for mail, new Text Messages, Calendar Alerts, ETC, are all now unavailable while connected to your D3 with Bluetooth. Because the alert sounds are being read as Bluetooth Audio signals the alert sounds do NOT come through while driving and connected to Bluetooth. The creates a BIG problem as we are NOT notified of any texts, voicemail's, or an calendar events unless Bluetooth Audio is selected as your audio source. This REALLY sucks because no sound will come your iPhone now when synced to your D3 bluetooth.

Can everyone please test this, you do not even get the unlock click when swiping the unlock bar at the home screen!

On the other hand, Visual Voicemail now works! So I can actually listen to my voicemails finally!

Seems like a huge win to me, much more important than the dings and stuff.

I think it's damned if you do, damned if you don't, for Apple. MAYBE they could in the future flag some sounds as not being transmitted by Bluetooth, but for instances where you are using a headpiece, maybe you want the sounds transmitted - I dunno.

By the way, it's very obviously not a Pioneer issue - the unit is simply listening for whatever the Bluetooth display is transmitting, it has no way to discriminate. It's up to the handset manufacturer, Apple, in this case.