AVIC411.com

Palm Pre compatibility?

I came here looking for the answer to this. There are several threads on Palm's website talking about this. I got the Bluetooth unit a few days ago and can confirm that it makes calls just fine, pairs up saying it supports audio but no audio actually comes through. Not much info that I've found other than that yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys:

I had a Palm Pre for a month and tried using it with the D3 and the BTB200. It mostly did NOT work correctly.

What worked:

- Pre did the basic connection to the D3/BTB200 combo (after some trial and error) and did pass the name of the phone (e.g., "John's Phone") to the D3/BTB

- Directly-dialing a number with the D3 touch screen worked for basic calling

What didn't work:

- There is currently NO WAY to transfer contacts from the Pre to the D3/BTB200 since the Pre does not support PUSHING of contacts via Bluetooth (i.e., the Pre does not currently support the Object Push Profile in Bluetooth). Same problem for the iPhone, by the way.

- Call Waiting did NOT work. In fact, it was a total disaster between the Palm Pre and the D3/BTB200. When I was on a call and someone else called me, the D3/BTB would not display the Call Waiting message or let you toggle between calls. Instead, it would just ring CONTINUALLY -- even after the new caller had given up or the Pre started taking a message from the new caller. The D3/BTB would continue ringing throughout the rest of my call with the first caller. Sometimes the ringing would continue even after the first call had ended!! I would have to switch to the radio or XM to get it to stop...

I returned my Pre to Sprint for other reasons. However, if I change my mind and buy another Pre, I will NOT use it with the D3/BTB because of all this. Instead, I will keep my Motorola while hoping for some Pre updates to add OPP and better Bluetooth support with older devices like the AVIC D3/BTB.

I'm dumping my D3 anyway. The Pre is known to work well with the new nav system I'm considering.

- JD