AVIC411.com

Purchased an N4 and did the install myself into a 2008 Durango w/ Amp and the peripherals (CHYAH08) to retain steering wheel controls. I followed the wiring as indicated. When listening to the radio, I hear everything perfectly...radio and the button/screen changes. When I switch to CD (after taking out the navigation CD), the screen shows the CD playing and all looks normal, but ALL sounds are gone...buttons etc. I switch back to Radio, and all sounds are back. Any thoughts? (Bypass is installed - switched the yellow wire to the open pin slot (just as pictured in the forums) and grounded w/ parking wire. VSS works great, Nav works great. Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

it sounds like you have the antenna control(blue) wire hooked up to the vehicles amp turn on wire, instead of the amp turn on wire (blue/white) and that is causing the factory amp to only turn on when the radio is on, either switch the wires behind the radio, or most models will alow you to shitch the antenna control wire to be on all the time as posted before, make sure the antenna setting in the menu is set to power instead of radio