AVIC411.com

AVICN1 - Curious question - Faceplate

I have the AVICN1 and have had it in use for 4 years now. Recently I switched it to my F150 from my wifes car. After the installer did a crappy job installing it into my F150 I decided to pull the unit and reinstall it the correct way as per the manual. Problem - I noticed that two buttons would no longer function on the face plate after re-installing the unit. Once I was complete I decided to test out the navagation (which is why I reinstalled it, it was not working as it had for 4 previous years) and took the car for a test drive. I reset the navagation unit and all associated sensors (speed sensor, 3D cal etc...) to 0. After I drove for a few miles I was satisfied that the navigation was right on the money but, when I stopped and pressed the EQ button on the face plate (which was working prior to the last reset) it no longer worked. Now none of the face plate buttons work other than eject and volume control.

Here is the QUESTION. Would the flex cable issue with this unit have anything to do with the face plate buttons not working? The LCD/Plasma screen works fine and I have had no issues but I DID order a new face plate and wondered if I should have just sent the unit to Pioneer for the flex cable replacement instead?

Anyone who sent thier unit in that had both parts replaced/repaired, did you have to pay for a new faceplate or repair?

Thanks in advance