AVIC411.com

How to install DATA and MAP on the F900BT via testmode?

What happend: I installed 2.007 and then found out that there is no testmode to do modifications. More detailled information what I did.

So I reinstalled the old CPE Files with the Format Option. After that I had to reinstall the complete firmware, but now DATA and MAP is missing. It looks like in this picture but there is no version info at DATA and MAP.

I finally managed to get 2.005 on back on the F900BT and the testmode working.

But now I have no idea how to install the things that are missing.

Can anybody tell me, what directories I should copy, or what I've got to do now?

I understand that you dont have copy of myflash ? In this case download those archives : _http://depositfiles.com/files/mo7zp41g5 ARHIV AVIC F900BT without maps.part1.rar 95.7 Mb

_http://depositfiles.com/files/pfw4rh1uc ARHIV AVIC F900BT without maps.part2.rar 95.7 Mb

_http://depositfiles.com/files/rhqrednt6 ARHIV AVIC F900BT without maps.part3.rar 95.7 Mb

_http://depositfiles.com/files/ya7km8kqa ARHIV AVIC F900BT without maps.part4.rar 43.1 Mb

Unzip them, copy to SD card with testmode. Start testmode & copy all unzipped files & folders to myflash. Later you have to download all maps you need to folder MYFLASH\APL2\IGO\CONTENT\MAP.

Try this & good luck. You will have to reset to factory settings because these files are from russian forum and I dont know what settings they have put to their avic.

You're right, I don't have a backup of myflash. :roll:

When I get into testmode there are allready directories with the rest of the files needed to start the F900BT. But there is no map directory at MYFLASH\APL2\IGO\CONTENT\MAP.

I hope the files will work with the European version, because I live in Vienna (Austria) and my wife will kill me if it doesn't work tomorrow, because the unit is in her car. :shock:

Where can I download the maps that I need? I'd need Central Europe.

OK I found a patched ezrider there and I'm just downloading it.

The rest of the files (part3/4 of the rar archive) will take some time. I'll try it with the Austrian map and the pathed ezrider in a few minutes.

I'll post again when I've finished with the map and ezrider, but maybe I need the rar archive too.

Thanks for your help!

Ok I'll try when I get the download (I don't have premium accounts at the download pages, so it takes a while to get all the files).

The thing I tried in the last minutes (map file and the hacked ezraider) doesn't work. I believe some software is still missing to get back a working F900BT

Something got wrong with the Russian files.

First it looks good and there is the bootscreen with my boot-picture. Then the main-screen appears but with an unreadable error message in the bottom (in russian).

I'm able to get into the music selection and play the radio, but no music from the CF card is played.

I didn't test the navigation because the error message covers the ok button from the navi's warning message. :evil:

That doesn't look good. There is one chance, I've got. I'll try to find somebody in my area with firmware version <= 2.005 to download the files from this radio and upload them to mine.

No I go to bed and hope my wife won't kill me because of the bad news. :roll:

So finally the problem is solved by the great help of konick, he gave me a backup of a European F900BT (1,4GB). :D

I allready did two mods (Tap Compass to Cancel Route & Add Voice Guidance Mute Button), the test drive was also fine, I think everything is running. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help!

I'm just compressing and uploading the files I got from konik because there were problems with 2 files in the original archives I got from him.

There are also a few modifications I don't exactly know (I think only the voice played when pressing the button). I also allready included 2 additional mods (Tap Compass to Cancel Route & Add Voice Guidance Mute Button).

I hope you all have a download flatrate because the files are about 1,6GB together. You can download them there. 17 files, but my upload speed is very low. :( So be patient, the rest will appear during ths day.

Additional Info: Maybe you have to rename APL2\iGo\CONTENT\DEM\Europe_NASA.dem to WesternEurope.dem