AVIC411.com

GPS/XM antenna

[quote name="jimmy303"]Actually, Sirius uses no dedicated satellites, instead they rent bandwidth from other telecommunication companies' satellites. They also use terrestrial repeaters much more than XM. XM owns the 2 largest privately owned satellites ever put into orbit, Rock and Roll, and they sit over Maine and San Diego. The amount of badwidth available to XM because of this is staggering. We aren't too far away from mobile broadband internet or video on demand through XM services. I can't wait for the future, with flying cars and all.[/quote]
WTF is this garbage? Do you know anything about SatRad? Sirius has 3 of their own personally owned satellites in orbit. XM Satellite just launched their fourth satellite two weeks ago (Now XM has Rock, Roll, Rythym, and Blues) in geosynchrynous orbit. Also Sirius' terrestrial repeater system is miniscule compared to XM's. XM built an entire terrestrial repeater network before they even launched their service 5 years ago, and Sirius only started building a repeater network less than two years ago!
Here is a link to the launch of XM-4 (nicknamed Blues) that happened two weeks ago.

[url=http://www.sea-launch.com/current_launch.htm]http://www.sea-launch.com/current_launch.htm[/url]
Dude, throw away the newspaper you have from 2001!
I haven't followed up on this in a while, had no idea XM had 2 more, that's badass! Last I remember, XM didn't need to rely on terrestrial repeaters nearly as much as Sirius, because their satellite coverage was so much more effective. But, as with anything in the technology field, things change so fast, it's hard to keep informed. Thanks for the new info, Paisan!