AVIC411.com

testmode for avic-f90/f900/f700 v2.6/2.7/3.0101 UC/EW

I have a US version of the Avic F90BT so this is basically saying that this new testmode will work if i install the 2.006 firmware?

Yes that is true. I got mine with firmware 2.000 but before I do hacking, I got it updated to 2.000600 and i was like i am skrewed.

I have AVIC F900bt. UC. this worked just fine.. :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this isn't clicking in my brain for some reason. can someone hold my hand like a small child and break it down for me. and i mean like Barney the Purple Dinosaur style break it down. cause i'm a tard apparently.

i DL'd the file but it's like and incomplete file and it wants to search the internet for the program that created it. do i just go ahead and load that onto my SD card anyway and put that in? i'm lost.

I'm with them. I've upgraded my unit to 2.006. I have the new testmode 2.3, but what do we do with it. How do we use it to get into, and change, our units. Any hints would be muchly appreciated. I had cmh's mod with some idt changes, the nav message gone except upon a cold boot into nav, reverse image on backup cam gone, speed & elevation signs on, branded poi's, and had fixed the xm icon issues (I see so does 2.006), and I'm sure more. I even had it not come on one time, but just kept prying into the forums and fixed it. I'm not afraid to try anything. I just haven't figured out what I'm doing with v2.3 testmode to get my mods back. Help! And really, thanks for making these things happen for us.

Harvey Gordon

Me again. Do you put just the files on the sd card, or the folder 'testmode' and the files then follow. I'm sure you don't put the testmode zip onto the card, but when I boot up, it just goes to the splash screen and stays there, like forever, so I just gave up. When I removed the sd & rebooted, most things worked, but the settings won't kick in, I get an error message. Nav still works, xm, radio, bluetooth, just can't set anything. I will put the 2.006 update back on as a reload if I can't find the solution, but I'd really like to go back to my former modded unit. Thanks.

Harvey Gordon

get winrar and use it to de-compress the file downloaded in the first post. When it is done de-compressing the file you will have a folder named testmode. Copy and past that folder (right click on testmode folder and choose copy). Now paste it into a freshly formated sdcard. Iremove sdcard from computer and insert it into your avic and then start the card and you will now be in testmode.

Thanks minifreezer. I've made the copy, now I'll go try it.

Harvey G.

Ok. It let me into the system, now what. I'm using a 2G sd card, but when I tried to copy 'My Flash Disk' to it, I received a message the file was too big. Can I just add (& where to) the files I want (I have them on my computer) to the sd and then how to input into the avic? I'm getting closer. And I do have to thank all you guys for it. IDT, BorisM, cmh, gtimatt, now minifreezer, and others. Actually there's more than I thought as I try to list them. Thanks all.

Harvey G.

I ended up making a folder on the sd card as 'mods' as a subdirectory of testmode. I copied my mods into there, used v2.3 to get into the avic, then copied the files & replaced image.res, data.zip, av.exe, and more. It worked! All is well. I would love to upgrade to 3, am willing to pay for the upgrade, but if we can't hack it, I'll stay with 2.006. I just won't put up with a 10mi/16km speed limit on my activities. What a pain when the passenger can't find a restaurant at the next exit. Thanks guys for the mods. This unit is actually worth having now.

Harvey G.

Hi

I have a few questions to ask.. not sure this is the right place.. I have a 500BT with a few modded ( house number displace, traffic camera warning, newers map...etc). Im going to update to the new 2.06 and eventually 3.0 firmware. My question is do I need to restore the unit to the factory standard (old map, old DATA.ZIP..etc) before I can upgrade the firmwares? or can I just copy/ upgrade the new firmware over the old one? thank you

Just wanted to say thanks to carver for the testmode.

For all the noobs like me you simply download it from the link given by the OP, extract the contents (using winrar), you will get a testmode file which you copy and paste onto a formatted sd card and you are all set. There is no miticap required like with the previous testmode. Just put the sd card in before you startup your unit and you are good to go.

Thanks again Carver!!

HR

Just wanted to say thanks to carver for the testmode.

For all the noobs like me you simply download it from the link given by the OP, extract the contents (using winrar), you will get a testmode file which you copy and paste onto a formatted sd card and you are all set. There is no miticap required like with the previous testmode. Just put the sd card in before you startup your unit and you are good to go.

Thanks again Carver!!

HR

I liked the mitacap, because, you put everything in there on your pc and it copies to the desired lokation! Haven't tried it with the new testmode, hope this still works..

I am new to this whole thing and i've been working on it for hours. I just can't seem to get it to work. I have an F90bt, and version 2.006. I got onto windows mode with the new testmode file downloaded onto my SD card. It goes onto the windows screen and thats it. There is no "copying screen" or anything like that. I can't get it to copy any mod files. Can someone help me out. I must be doing something wrong....