AVIC411.com

Update: Firmware 2.006, Maps, and Mods

Ok, so I took the risk and downloaded the new Firmware (2.006). It went relatively smoothly, however...

It appears that my mod to enable use of 2008.10 Maps no longer works. I'm trying to search through the Forums now, but with so many posts, its hard to sort through it all, to see if there is a way to re-enable this. Since my Maps have been disabled, I'm not sure if my Mods from cmh928 are still efective.

I have downloaded the new Testmode v2.3. I will be testing this out later. It's a bit late and I think my brain is fried. lol.

If anyone has any suggestions, or tips, I'd appreciate it. I don't mind using my system as a test dummy. I have backups. I would much rather work through a problem if I can to learn from it, rather than reload and start over.

Thanks in Advance!

Update (01 July 2009): Using Testmode v2.3 & cmh928's latest mod (6.6.09), my system is in working order again. However, it seems the Pioneer update may have written over my old maps (or I may have on accident). Either way, I will be reloaded my 2008.10 maps tonite (they currently have 2008.04).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Canada and my F90BT was purchased in Canada but Pioneer Canada does not have a 2.006 version on their site yet. The US site says WARNING! These firmware updates apply only to models sold in the U.S.

What happens if I use this update?

Im needing it now because my deck is malfunctioning and i need to apply an update to see if it fixes it.

I have no idea what would happen if you load the update on a NON-US System. However, If I were to guess, it has to do with a Map Licensing issue. The Navigation of the system on the US firmware update only has a License for US maps.

If I were to guess, a person would only have to load a mod that would allow them to use any Map they wish.

My suggestion is, backup your system with Testmode, and load the update. If it doesn't work, there are methods posted in these forums that describe how to revert the firmware to your previous version.

I havent had a chance to check out the system much, since I just loaded the update late last nite, and havent used it much today.

I just finished downloading my 2008.10 maps (don't ask where I got them, you can google it on certain torrent sites or news servers).

It could be all in my head, but it does seem that the system is a little more snappy to button presses. However, I also have cmh928's 6.6.09 mod loaded on my system. His mod is one of the best I've used so far, and I love what has been done so far.

I know version 3.0 firmware is right around the corner at a cost. I believe we will significant changes when it comes out. This update (2.006) changed very little (VERY LITTLE). You can read the change long on Pioneer's website to find out what was changed.

OK, So it would appear I've lost my 2008.10 Maps completely, and I'm not sure how. I still have my 2008.04 Maps.

I thought I found the maps I needed, however I found map files for iGo 8.3 and not 8.0.

Tell me someone can help me out? I have the storage space, if someone could upload them there for me.

Thanks.

okay so i updated to the new firmware 2.006, used tetsmode v 2.3 and all my mods work fine, i was wondering though..do you have to manually copy all the folders to the HU everytime you make a change on the sd card or will it update automatically like it did with firmware 2.0

So do you recommend going to 2.006? Especially if you don't plan on going to 3.0 any time soon?

thanks,

Ben

there really isnt much of a noticeable difference except for the voice guidance is now a man instead of a woman..i would probably wait until the 3.0 comes out soon although i heard there will be a necessary payment for that update

I have had 2.006 several days, honestly, I cannot see any difference. I already had the updated xmradio logos, the only mod I had was the mute button which I restored immediatly. maybe there is a difference in performance, but I have not noticed it.

one tip, make sure you go in and reset your HPF if you had it on so you don't accidentally blow your speakers.