AVIC411.com

Update: Firmware 2.006, Maps, and Mods

I live in Canada and my F90BT was purchased in Canada but Pioneer Canada does not have a 2.006 version on their site yet. The US site says WARNING! These firmware updates apply only to models sold in the U.S.

What happens if I use this update?

Im needing it now because my deck is malfunctioning and i need to apply an update to see if it fixes it.

FYI. U.S and Canadian units are identical with identical software as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated this morning with update 2.06. Everything is the same except my movies all now run in full screen mode .which is astounding as they were not converted for full screen. Everything is working beautiful . Picked up my ipod and phone first time and i bought an ipod speaker system for 49 dollars instead of the 129 dollars it was the week before with aux and now have it attached to my avic. Great sound and everything is superb at the moment. But will still buy 3.0 update when it comes out

All credit goes to phantomftr for the info below ,he posted it on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 am and works like a dream

I use Xilisoft Video Converter http://www.xilisoft.com/video-converter.html. It's able to convert pretty much any file into an mp4. Use 640x360 resolution and choose Pan & Scan for the zoom option and all the videos will fit perfectly on the AVIC screen.

Anyone notice 2.006 pauses ipod music upon incoming and outgoing calls? My f90 does with my iphone 3gs!!!

On my ipod, it does not Pause, it is only muted while it continues to play. Haven't tried it with the iPhone 3GS.