AVIC411.com

Buy now! 60 Dollar price on mapupdate w/3.0

Next time just answer the question, ass.

Back to the point. Acording to the link that this ass gave us, Tom Tom offers free map updates for newer units. Pioneer should offer the same for their F-series

I dont see why your calling him a ass....he even gave you a link ffs... anyways... no maps are free unless its a promotion!!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered, thanks. I hope 8.3 has the north facing up arrow near the bottom of the screen and not the middle.

Arrow can be moved anywhere on the screen by changing two lines of code... (in 8.0, too)

Just curious, does TOM TOM and Garmin charge for map updates?

Garmin charges $70 for an annual map update for my nuvi. New this year is a $120 lifetime update fee. Garman says the lifetime update is good for the life of the device. I've not yet seen how they define life of the device.

The special intro fee Pioneer is charging is an excellent value.

order mine :D

Arrow can be moved anywhere on the screen by changing two lines of code... (in 8.0, too)

Hey Boris, when are you stopping by to mod my F-90BT I got the pizza waiting :wink::lol: Just Kidding. :D

Depends on how good the pizza is :)

I just ordered mine from Pioneer's site. Around $68 total. I'm really looking forward to see any improvements/fix's in the 3.0 firmware but my guess is that it wont be much. I have my 700bt in a 07crv, I'm probably the only in the state with a aftermarket stereo in a 07-up CR-V. lol I had it installed, bypassed and steering wheel controls hooked up by a friend and couldn't be happier. The ipod interface blows away everything on the market.

so no one knows if testmode works with 3.0 yet.. can we mod the screen as before add the Stop Navi button and stuff?

So far it _seems_ that the new testmode works with European 3.0 (according to one user who actually has it). If not, it will be broken in a few days anyway.

Modifying new screens will be possible, but because iGO 8.3 has some differences in the UI language and capabilities, existing skins will not work and will need to be rewritten.

I will go ahead and let you all test it out and just pay 120 bucks when it comes out.

I don't trust Pioneer one iota to give them 60 bucks in the hopes that their POS unit is fixed with this update.

I have my suspicions its still going to be buggy as hell.