AVIC411.com

Buy now! 60 Dollar price on mapupdate w/3.0

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A comparison versus and Iphone is completely unfair. You pay a monthly subscription for a service.

A more appropriate comparison is versus the Itouch, which you DO pay for software updates.

Also, what bugs are you guys talking about? Aside from the HD stations not showing on presets and a very rare SD song cut-off (I have a 30 min commute each way and I get this bug maybe once per month), I have zero bug complaints. Sure, the unit is slow, but that not a bug...

Ok then the Ipod touch...A beautifly designed well rounded precision insturment of elegance and grace that can handle anything you throw at it...

the Avic F series...A hammer.

See the problem is, is that when Apple releases a product, they have already put it through the ringer (for the most part) and therefore there are only if ever a few tiny imperfections to be found...so when they go and put out a new firmware update that costs all of 10 bucks, its not because they are desperate to salvage a fault product that was rushed out of development, but because they want to add features.

The Ipod touch has done from day one what the box said it would do, the F series has not, and still doesn't even after the 3.0 update. So why should I, joe consumer, have to pay for their mistakes?

Dark

A comparison versus and Iphone is completely unfair. You pay a monthly subscription for a service.

A more appropriate comparison is versus the Itouch, which you DO pay for software updates.

Also, what bugs are you guys talking about? Aside from the HD stations not showing on presets and a very rare SD song cut-off (I have a 30 min commute each way and I get this bug maybe once per month), I have zero bug complaints. Sure, the unit is slow, but that not a bug...

Ok then the Ipod touch...A beautifly designed well rounded precision insturment of elegance and grace that can handle anything you throw at it...

See the problem is, is that when Apple releases a product, they have already put it through the ringer (for the most part) and therefore there are only if ever a few tiny imperfections to be found...so when they go and put out a new firmware update that costs all of 10 bucks, its not because they are desperate to salvage a fault product that was rushed out of development, but because they want to add features.

The Ipod touch has done from day one what the box said it would do, the F series has not, and still doesn't even after the 3.0 update. So why should I, joe consumer, have to pay for their mistakes?

Dark

Can you site exactly what the F series can not do as advertised, because there is a huge difference between truth in advertising and personal dissatisfaction.

And I'll answer your question even though it's loaded. (It's like asking "When are you gonna tell your parents that you are gay?" You assume certain things that may or may not be true.)

At this point I have yet to pay for any of their mistakes, because they have fixed most of them with free firmware updates. As I posted earlier, I know of only 2 true bugs left on this unit and they do not bother me at all. If they bother you, you should e-mail them about it and they should fix it for free. However, if you simply dissatisfied with the performance or interface of the unit, they didn't make a mistake, you did. You should have done some research. You should have tested the system. Hell, you should have returned the damn thing once you found out it didn't meet your expectations.

But you didn't, and now you want to steal from them.

Oh, what the mind can conjure up to justify selfish and unethical behavior...

I just ordered my update. I just think of it as a free firmware update and $60 for the new maps......If you want the perfect Nav unit, go ahead and pay thousands of dollars for one. My F700 was close enough BEFORE the update to make spending more on a different Nav seem silly, and with these updates--if the videos and Pioneer hype are to be believed--it's pretty much as nice as those $1000+ units, and I still only paid $500 for it.

+1

I have 2 cars with OEM NAVIs, and two with AVICs... The F500BT has been surpisingly as nice as any of them. One of my OEM's is four year old technology; the other is relatively current. neither is as nice as the AVIC's overall features. The F500BT value has also been a nice surprise - Lots of bang for the buck. With the coming heads up and traffic on route, it will be as good as my Z3 since the F500 is combined with my existing head unit for XM and the like. The bluetooth and the ability to talk at a normal level and be heard has also been a nice surprise - I whispered to myself the other day and my friend heard it......I was shocked. I started out with 2.0 and have not had buggy issues at all. I am at about $400 for evrything including some harness isuues concerning my existing indash and dvd/xm playback. The $60 dollar upgrade......heads up display.... traffic flow.......done....

Dark

Can you site exactly what the F series can not do as advertised, because there is a huge difference between truth in advertising and personal dissatisfaction.

And I'll answer your question even though it's loaded. (It's like asking "When are you gonna tell your parents that you are gay?" You assume certain things that may or may not be true.)

At this point I have yet to pay for any of their mistakes, because they have fixed most of them with free firmware updates. As I posted earlier, I know of only 2 true bugs left on this unit and they do not bother me at all. If they bother you, you should e-mail them about it and they should fix it for free. However, if you simply dissatisfied with the performance or interface of the unit, they didn't make a mistake, you did. You should have done some research. You should have tested the system. Hell, you should have returned the damn thing once you found out it didn't meet your expectations.

But you didn't, and now you want to steal from them.

Oh, what the mind can conjure up to justify selfish and unethical behavior...

+1 well said

and you would know what the 3.0 software does and doesnt do how? Its not even released yet buddy. and if you even say you know someone or saw a video or whatever then its a beta version. you cant get the real copy if it isnt released yet.

I agree, comparing the ipod and the Avic-F is not fair. The iPod actually works well, where as the AVIC-F is a frustrating piece of crap.

Its like comparing a Pinto to a Ferrari.... the AVIC-F is the Pinto in this case. I just wish mine would explode so I could get the Kenwood.

Maybe I have some left over fireworks somewhere that can help.

I agree, comparing the ipod and the Avic-F is not fair. The iPod actually works well, where as the AVIC-F is a frustrating piece of crap.

Its like comparing a Pinto to a Ferrari.... the AVIC-F is the Pinto in this case. I just wish mine would explode so I could get the Kenwood.

If you're that unhappy with your unit you should probably sell it and get a new one.

Not only will it make you happier, it will give you a lot more credibility when you bash the unit.

You want another one? How about this: When a phone call comes in, the audio source is just muted (not paused), and control is locked to phone only. If you're listening to a recorded source (worst case, an audiobook) there is NO WAY to keep it from continuing to play silently for the duration of the call. A 20 or 30 minute call and you have to rewind carefully while driving to figure out where you might have been multiple pages before. Ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed after two complete firmward updates (I'm including 3.0 as first reports that it's still untouched).

That's not a bug.

:roll:

Oh, excuse me. Technically, you're correct. It's working as designed. It's just a PISS POOR DESIGN.

It's a FLAW. Get over yourself and your unnecessary technical squabbling.

my iPhone pauses the audio when linked via Bluetooth but does not when another phone is linked and the iPhone is connected so it pretty much is poor design.

my iPhone pauses the audio when linked via Bluetooth but does not when another phone is linked and the iPhone is connected so it pretty much is poor design.

Right - the pause in your case is handled entirely by the iPhone because it's juggling the call and the audio internally. When the AVIC is responsible for it, it does nothing to the audio stream other than disconnecting it from the speakers. Simply issuing a Pause signal when a call is in place (and restarting when the call is disconnected) would solve this problem instantly.

Right - the pause in your case is handled entirely by the iPhone because it's juggling the call and the audio internally. When the AVIC is responsible for it, it does nothing to the audio stream other than disconnecting it from the speakers. Simply issuing a Pause signal when a call is in place (and restarting when the call is disconnected) would solve this problem instantly.

It's not as simple as issuing a pause signal, but it was lazy programing.

Basically, they didn't want to bother coding a pause signal for the different input types (any aux, including the backup cam come to mind), so they just added a global mute instead.

If you're that unhappy with your unit you should probably sell it and get a new one.

Not only will it make you happier, it will give you a lot more credibility when you bash the unit.

I actually tried to sell it a while back. Problem is I paid 1000 bucks for it, and the ebay listing barely hit 500 bucks WITH XM reciever, and more thrown in.