AVIC411.com

Z110bt - Divx via USB?

Does anyone know if the new z110bt will play Divx Videos via USB hard drive?

I checked the manual, and it specifically says that it will play DivX files via cd and dvd and states that USB can play Video but only lists mpeg4 and not specifically DivX.

(My JVC AVX800 works beautifully to play Divx files via usb, and i have ripped most of my dvd's to divx and play them from a portable hard drive. I don't want to loose that functionality, and want to find out if the new Pioneers can do the same thing before I throw down the $$ on a unit like this. )

Page 197 of the manual under "DivX compatibility" chart it has USB storage device and SD memory card on the right. "DivX files on the external storage device (USB, SD) cannot be played." Also the notes in the chart may be of some interest to you as well.

(sigh) what's the matter with these idiots? why cant a higher quality company keep up with an outfit like JVC when it comes to something simple like DivX or Xvid playback from a portable hard drive?

I guess I'm going to have to stick with JVC... I'd have preferred to go with Pioneer...

If anyone from Pioneer is reading this, take a look at your low-end competitors and get up to speed already...

While it's idiotic not to support divx everywhere, I've removed that feature from my "deal breaker" list.

For one thing, my divx library is all 852x480, and about 3GB per movie. So that won't work on a FAT formatted drive anyway. Also, it's a waste of space to have the videos in the same quality for watching on a 42" screen, for watching on a 7" screen. I'm going to have to reencode everything to shrink it down, so no big deal to put it in mpeg4 I guess. :|

... Also, it's a waste of space to have the videos in the same quality for watching on a 42" screen, for watching on a 7" screen. I'm going to have to reencode everything to shrink it down, so no big deal to put it in mpeg4 I guess. :|

With the listed 16GB limit getting those file sizes down would be a good idea.

The most common DivX encoding is about 700meg. (to fit on a single CD if desired)

But I thought Mpeg4 and DivX were inter-compatable. If it plays mpeg 4 files via USB, shouldn't it work with DivX files too? (DivX IS an mpeg4 format)

Can anyone test this?