AVIC411.com

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=24113   There is a really indepth walkthrough there, thats what sorted mine.   Hope that helps.   Will

Update: I thought I was good, but something is still f'd up. Everything works most of the time, but I'm not sure what happened during the file copy or update because when I press HISTORY under naviga

ok i finally got my unit to go into test mode and got it back to 2.0. now it wont go into navi mode and the system start up promt will not go away unless i hit menu. its not there when i listen to fm, am, hd, sirius or dvd. but is there at top menu"? any help/

I just wanted to thank the OP for all his work. My headunit started this black screen problem a couple of days ago and this thread helped me restore it. I had to reload windows CE a couple of times and cut power to the headunit, but I was finally able to get back into windows to format and restore my flash disk.

Thanks.

WOW THANKS A WHOLE BUNCH YOUR A SAVIOR.....

FOR THE WINCEIMG FILES, I USED THE ONES FROM FIRMWARE 2.0 UPDATE WHICH IS LOCATED AT THE PLT FOLDER AND UPDATED IT WITH THAT AND IT WORKED OUT FINE BECAUSE YOUR WINCEIMG FILES DIDNT WORK FOR ME< EVERYTIME IT WENT TO THE PIONEER SCREEN IT REEBOOTED THEN REBOOTED AGAIN WHICH DROVE ME CRAZY BECAUSE I SPENT SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO GET THIS JOB DONE.ONCE THAT WAS TAKEN CARE OF I FOLLOWED THE STEPS AND EVERYTHING IS GREAT> THANKS

I too am having a problem with 10 to 20 seconds into a boot that it "turns off". I have done the 3 finger salute and it still shuts down before I can navigate through it.

It does have a camera, so I don't suspect it is going into the camera and getting stuck or I would have an image; right? If everything is quiet, I can hear what I suspect is a cooling fan. It does not respond to anything except the 3 finger salute (Menu, Map and Eject) at startup, but promtly shuts down anyhow.

So far, I have seen only one person with what sounds like the same problem and I have not seen a solid resolution. Is there any suggestions that haven't been listed here or has someone solved it without posting the solution?

Thanks

I just completed all the steps mentioned and my F900BT still reboots. The radio will boot up, goes my my boot up screen and freezes with "System Startup in progress, please wait". That message stays on for about 2 minutes and the system reboots again.

The radio function is the only thing that works, it wont read the SD card or dvd/cd.

Heya folks,

My unit refuses to stay on the "blue" screen with the options to update WinCE or format. It stays on for about 20 to 30 seconds then the screen goes black. It seems that the screen goes black as soon as the bluetooth LED starts blinking.

The latest TestMode from the 3.0 thread works fine. I was also able to do a full firmware update from 2.0 to 2.006. However, if I do the reset and go into the blue screen, I never have enough time to get the reset done.

What can I do to fix my unit so it stops it from going to the black screen? Is there anything I can do when I boot into windowsCE / testmode? I cannot find info to help me out with this and I have been reading a ton of posts.

Incidentally, the unit went into a permanent reboot on its own without me trying to hack the unit. The unit was totally stock. It went haywire on its own at the end of a long 12-hour roadtrip. The only thing that happened was that I had tried to update the bluetooth firmware. This had failed for me a few months back and blanked out the firmware version that was uploaded. I was living without bluetooth. Now it seems the bluetooth is the cause of the screen going black once I see the blue LED blinking, seconds later, the screen goes black.

Hope this info helps some folks.

Kyle

I'm going to try this, as I don't know what else to do.

my F90BT today started doing the boot splash screen, and then black screen. Nothing, and resetting. I can't do anything. it kept going black, or powering off, or something. I tried resets, everything,

Upgraded to pioneer's site's 2.006 and update went fine, now it boots, NEVER leaves the splash screen, I have to manually hit Menu to get to the top menu, and NOTHING works, no radio, no ipod, nav freezes the system. AV Settings to change the language and all is the only thing I can access.

Any help would be great. been working fine, mod, and hack free for about 6 months til today. :(

I'm about to try this 2.0 fix and go back to original 2.0 like it was when new

muah muah, your right about that. The testmode v2.3 file has a folder in it called testmode. you need to copy THAT file to the SD card that you'll be using to boot to testmode.

So, can anyone please explain, or help me with this. I'm having the same issue as why this thread was created, but on my normal stock, 2.0 so I upgraded to 2.006 to try n fix, no luck. keeps restarting, things don't work. only some things in menu can be clicked etc.

So, I did everything exactly how it was explained, added the WinCE files. When the system enters testmode and I see Windows and the start menu. I got allll exited. but then it powers down. boom. nothing. I tried it 3 times, it boots to testmode and I try to fit start, or plug in Flash with the main backup and it just shuts off. How can I get testmode to stay on? I'm using testmode v2.3 and my system went from the 2.0 firmware at stock, to Just today I tried the 2.006 to try n fix this. the testmode2.3 works with 2.006 right?

Any idea's would be great. Thanks!

I got my unit working. It had bricked itself, or at least, made itself unusable. My unit was totally stock, no mods. I had to do a couple of extra things and figure out some tricks. If anyone has anyone questions, feel free to ask and I will tell you what I did to get my unit back.

Thanks for this great post! I am back in the tunes now because of it!!! :)

Kyle