AVIC411.com

Well I tried everything I could think of still no luck, even borrowed a friends SD card which had the WinCE files on it that he used and no luck so I'm pulling the deck and sending it in.

Does anyone know if the x910BT uses the same wiring harness as the F90BT? If so I'm just going to go buy one of them while this one's away for warranty repair.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=24113   There is a really indepth walkthrough there, thats what sorted mine.   Hope that helps.   Will

Update: I thought I was good, but something is still f'd up. Everything works most of the time, but I'm not sure what happened during the file copy or update because when I press HISTORY under naviga

Would appreicate some info in the following questions before I give this a shot:

1. Will the files for the F90BT work on a F900BT? I.e. any change in functionality?

2. Are the files lined to in the OP country speficic? I'm in Australia and won't want to end up with a US unit.

3. How does this work with firmware updated etc? Do they need to be reapplied after restoring?

I updated my F90BT last night, and it seemed like it worked properly, however when on start up, My unit says "Start up in Progress Please Wait" and it wont ever go past this. I'm not sure what my next step is? I cant get to "Settings" I also tried to reset and still get the same screen. I am new to this, however savvy enough to figure it out, if I can get some direction. Any help would be appreciated

OK... back to a problem. I get the wince to boot up fine in test mode now, but it won't recognize the 2 gig usb stick I formatted to fat32 and loaded with the files for the transfer. So now I'm stuck again... try another stick maybe? Anyone have a brand that they know works?

Yay! Got it up and running again... didn't have a usb stick that it would recognize so I ended up just making a new folder on the test mode sd card and after it booted up copied the files from that folder over and it seems happy :) no more reboot with the gps plugged in... now to decide whether or not to upgrade to 3.0 lol

Hello.

I am getting the same problem as described in this post.

I would like to follow these instructions to fix my device. I work with IT so should not have a problem doing this.

the only problem I have is that I cannot find a backup of the UK version of the f900bt.

Would someone please be able to tell me where I can get this backup from so I can try and fix my device.

Many Thanks in advance.

I am also having the constant rebooting problem with the f90bt. I ran through the steps, but when i try to load testmode 2.3, the screen turns blank/black in 2-3 seconds. i put AVIC-F90BT Firmware Update 2.0080 on the wince sd card but it doesn't do anything different. Can someone help me plz?

I am also having the constant rebooting problem with the f90bt. I ran through the steps, but when i try to load testmode 2.3, the screen turns blank/black in 2-3 seconds. i put AVIC-F90BT Firmware Update 2.0080 on the wince sd card but it doesn't do anything different. Can someone help me plz?

brian

Iondah - I've got a US unit which I use in Aus.

Looking at other threads, it appears both units are physically the same and someone has done a file compare and they are identical.

I've upgraded my F700BT to the x910BT firmware 3.0.xxx - works a treat and has made the unit properly usable for the first time.

If you need the files please PM me.