AVIC411.com

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to this fix. It worked for me whereas nothing else would. My unit was stuck on a reboot right after the pioneer splash screen.

There is an easier way to do this though. You don't need three SD cards, you can do this all from one SD Card. I have a 16gb generic SDHC card that works

fine. It has the WinCE update on it, test mode, and also the contents of the myflashdisk and I did the whole process with just this.

1) Reflashed/upgraded WINCE through the service menu.

2) Reboot into test mode with same SD Card.

3) Unmounted and deleted the myflashdisk partition.

4) Created new partition called part00 and formatted it.

5) Copied contents from the SD card myflashdisk to the one on the unit.

6) Rebooted and the infinite loop was gone.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=24113   There is a really indepth walkthrough there, thats what sorted mine.   Hope that helps.   Will

Update: I thought I was good, but something is still f'd up. Everything works most of the time, but I'm not sure what happened during the file copy or update because when I press HISTORY under naviga

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to this fix. It worked for me whereas nothing else would. My unit was stuck on a reboot right after the pioneer splash screen.

There is an easier way to do this though. You don't need three SD cards, you can do this all from one SD Card. I have a 16gb generic SDHC card that works

fine. It has the WinCE update on it, test mode, and also the contents of the myflashdisk and I did the whole process with just this.

1) Reflashed/upgraded WINCE through the service menu.

2) Reboot into test mode with same SD Card.

3) Unmounted and deleted the myflashdisk partition.

4) Created new partition called part00 and formatted it.

5) Copied contents from the SD card myflashdisk to the one on the unit.

6) Rebooted and the infinite loop was gone.

Any chance you could walk me through this in a little more detail? Mine has been stuck for months and I'd really like to resolve this if possible

Thanks, I did see this link before, but the link to the back up files is dead...any chance you could share them if you have them still?

ugh, got into test mode, copied contents to flash drive, now it goes black after splash screen...I at least still had the radio working when it looped...any suggestions would be great!

ugh, got into test mode, copied contents to flash drive, now it goes black after splash screen...I at least still had the radio working when it looped...any suggestions would be great!

Did you copy the 'CONTENTS' of MyFlash drive over rather than copying the MyFlash drive folder?? Or just do the FX3.1 upgrade.

Update: I thought I was good, but something is still f'd up. Everything works most of the time, but I'm not sure what happened during the file copy or update

because when I press HISTORY under navigation, a "windows" window pops up and says it cannot open some file and the application terminates. Stupid thing is it only

happens sometimes, other times history works fine.

Also, I tried to set a route yesterday and out of the blue it crashed with a different window that said that some file about 'exit numbers' or something couldn't

be loaded and it crashed again the same way. Right after that it worked on a different route.

Did you copy the 'CONTENTS' of MyFlash drive over rather than copying the MyFlash drive folder?? Or just do the FX3.1 upgrade.

Here's what I found somewhere else that worked for me finally, you cant just copy the contents from the card over and paste to the unit!!!! PM me w/ any questions.

11. Go to start, control panel, Storage.

Due to the difficulty of the next few steps, I would take the few extra seconds required to calibrate your screen. When I was doing my reflash, I got to a point where I needed to select something that was not selectable because the screen was so far out of calibration. Trust me here, do this step. Press Start,settings,control panel and then look for the stylus icon. Double click the stylus icon and click on the calibration tab and follow the simple calibation instructions. You will thank yourself for doing this step. Once this is complete, it is now time to clear the internal flash memory to get it ready to accept the new files. While still in the control panel double click on the Storage Manager icon.

12. Unmount FlashDisk, and press FORMAT.

Once the storage manager box is open, you will have a dropdown box with 3 or 4 selectable options to choose from. You want to make sure that this source is selected: dsk1: sdmlc disk and the partion on the right will read like this: part00

Press the button that says Dismount and then press the button that says Format. This will erase the internal flash memory and you will lose the partition. No problem. In the bottom right hand corner of the screen, there is a small icon for the virtual keyboard. Click on this, and a window will pop up that says keyboard. click on the keyboard font and it will launch the virtual keyboard. Now, in the right hand column of the storage manager, click the button that says New and you will create a new partition that will prompt you for a name. Touch your stylus in the name field and then type in part00 and press the OK button. You will now see that you re-created the original partition and it is already mounted. If you chose not to recalibrate your screen as suggested earlier, you can now begin to start swearing as the keyboard will most likely not be selectable.

13. Once formatted, create a new partition and call it part0. Mount it back up.

Just skip this step as you already completed it in the step above.

14. Copy ALL files from USB drive backup to FlashDisk This should take about 40 min or so

This is the step that had me tearing my hair out until I figured it out. You can now close the control panel and anything else that is open so that you go back to the desktop. Double-click on the My Device icon. Here you will see a few icons that represent your different storage devices. You are now going to copy the files from either your SD card or USB drive depending on which storage medium you chose in step 1. If you are using a USB device, make sure it is plugged in. If you chose to use an SD card, make sure you insert it into the headunit. As I chose to use a USB drive, my instruction will detail this step, although the exact same thing applies to the SD card.

Double click on the USB disk icon. This will show you all the files that you stored on the USB drive back in step 1. Click on the Edit tab at the top of the screen and then press Select all. Press on the Edit tab agian and then press Copy. Now, double-click on the My Flash Disk icon and it will open the folder that you formatted earlier. There may be a couple of very small files in this folder, but they will be over-written very soon. Click on the Edit tab and then press Paste. This will dump all the files from the USB drive into this folder. You may get prompted about " do you want to over-write some files". The answer is "Yes to all". It will now take about 45 minuted to download the files into the internal flash card. Once this is complete, follow the final step and you should be set. After rebooting/resetting, you will have to plug your Ipod in and reset all your personal preferences.

PS. If you chose to use an SD card to transfer the files, instead of double-clicking on the USB disk icon, double click on the Storage card and follow the same instructions.

15. Take out any SD cards from the unit and reboot.

• 1 month later...

After asking a stupid question a few months ago, I managed to get my F90 restored and working great. Then it began again a few weeks ago.

I went through the process with no problems except....

my touchscreen is completely unresponsive!!!

Any suggestions?

I re-read the entire thread to look for an answer. I hope I didn't miss something obvious, but I really need help.

Thanks.

Again.

• 3 months later...

The two files are there...look carefully...if you download the WHOLE backup from step 1 and sort the files by name, they should be the last two files there. You can format the SD card on your laptop....make sure its FAT32

THE TWO FILES ARE NOT THERE I THINK IT BECUASE THE LINK DONT WORK ANY MORE? PLZ HELP I REALLY WANT TO FIX IT?

• 7 months later...

Few days ago I tried to update my Avic F90BT when all hell broke loose. The update failed, and I couldn't get my unit working. It just kept on rebooting....even testmode didnt work. :evil: Here is what I did to do a complete wipe and reset back to factory 2.0

You will need a USB drive and 2 SD cards or 3 SD cards.

1. Go to http://avic411.com/f...hp?f=34&t=24888 and download backup files for your unit. Save it on a formatted (FAT 32) 2GB or higher SD card or a UBS drive (recommended)

2. From above, copy the WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks to a different, formatted SD CARD (NO USB DRIVES)

3. Use another formatted SD card for testmode file. See http://avic411.com/f...hp?f=32&t=25329

4. Disconnect any USB connections connected to your unit (Ipod, USB drive). Power it up. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

5. Once there, go to the option that says Update WinCE. Be careful with not to press the knob while trying to move up and down, or you might press the wrong choice by accident.

6. Insert into the unit the SD card that has WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks on it (STEP 2)

7. Select Update using SD/USB (format) option. This will format your FlashDisk removing any corrupted files on there that prevent the unit from loading.

8. Wait for the update to finish. When the prompt says to restart your unit, take out the SD, put in the testmode SD card and restart.

9. If testmode starts normally, you see the windows screen and it does not reboot in couple of seconds, ignore this step. If not, download the latest update from Pioneer, put it on the SD card that contained WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks (format it first) and perform an update. Testmode should be working once this is done.

10. When in windows, plug in the USB drive with the backup you downloaded in Step 1.

11. Go to start, control panel, Storage.

12. Unmount FlashDisk, and press FORMAT.

13. Once formatted, create a new partition and call it part0. Mount it back up.

14. Copy ALL files from USB drive backup to FlashDisk This should take about 40 min or so

15. Take out any SD cards from the unit and reboot.

Thats it! This should solve any problems! :D

I CANT DOWNLOAD THE FIRST 2

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded and updated my AVIC-F90BT with software version 3.x. The file copying part went without a hitch. When I reset the system after file copy operation, I was prompted to select language. After I selected "English as my language, I was prompted to choose voice language. As soon as I selected English TTS, the system rebooted and since then stays not he Pioneer splash screen. It never goes further than the Pioneer logo.

I have tried it several times and had no luck. I even deleted the partition and recreated it but still no luck.

Please help....

• 2 weeks later...