AVIC411.com

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=24113   There is a really indepth walkthrough there, thats what sorted mine.   Hope that helps.   Will

Update: I thought I was good, but something is still f'd up. Everything works most of the time, but I'm not sure what happened during the file copy or update because when I press HISTORY under naviga

Thanks!!! This post saved me big time!! I upgraded to the legit 3.0 (first disk only :x ) which seemed to go fine, next time it started up the system starting message would stay on for about 30 seconds then it would reboot over and over.

I tried so many half-assed reverts on my own I probably had files from every release going at the same time but this fixed it, the second time... I spent so much time messing with it the car battery died with about 5 minutes left of the final 2.0 file copy.

Only advice I can give with the test mode is to try both the old and new versions. One should work and I don't believe it matters how you get it in test mode just that you do.

I am at step 9 and i cant get passed it because ever time I start it up it goes into the splash screen then in goes black for a sec than goes back to the splash screen and the goes to the windows screen for a sec then it completely go black can someone plz help.. The menu and the map buttons arent even light up plz help.. I dont know what I am doing wrong..

can anybody help me

i have followed this guide with the backup of a f900bt from europe

i have cheked my wine its 5.0

the bacup is version 1.9000

when i am finished the system boots up but underneath the system startup report stays there i can play radio but the navigation doesnt start and after 5 min the system does a reboot how can i solve this

i have seen more people have the same issue how did u solve this ?

• 2 weeks later...
I am at step 9 and i cant get passed it because ever time I start it up it goes into the splash screen then in goes black for a sec than goes back to the splash screen and the goes to the windows screen for a sec then it completely go black can someone plz help.. The menu and the map buttons arent even light up plz help.. I dont know what I am doing wrong..

Well, I got to this same point and had the same result. I spent nearly an entire day trying to figure it out, but in the end I was successful. What I had to do was download the 2.006 firmware from Pioneers website under the support tab. Go to older models, find F900BT and click. Locate the update tab, then download the file.

http://pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Supp ... BT.Support

Once the file is downloaded to your computer, unzip it. Click on the folder F-series firmware update, then click on the folder LPUE080, then click on the folder PLT. You will find two files in this folder. WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS

Copy these two files onto a SD card, and when you go to the blue screen to update WINCE, these files will be used. Now, when you insert the SD card with the testmode folder and press reset, your head unit will reboot and launch the windows interface. It will remain on and allow you to continue will this aggravating process.

Good luck.

I just had to do a similar reboot fix about a month and a half ago and it worked perfectly up until yesterday.

immediately following the previous fix that i did, i installed cmh's mod. things were fine, no problems at all.

now the thing constantly reboots. i have tried to get into testmode, i have tried to reinstall the 2.0 update, i have tried to update wince with the sd cards. the thing wont stay up long enough for me to get the sd card to format the unit. it'll read as far as 66% of the sd card before it goes black and shuts off. any other method that i have tried just keeps the thing rebooting every 10 seconds or so.

please help me.

i am using an f900bt.

does anyone have any solution for this?

***EDIT***

Alrighty. So apparently getting into the service menu by holding down MAP+MENU+EJECT isn't enough. It'll bring up the service menu and allowed me to begin navigating around to reformat, but within 30 seconds or so it'd restart. I finally re-read this thing enough to figure out that the directions tell you to also press RESET in conjunction with the 3 other buttons. That solved it. I was able to reformat in the service menu, reload 2.006 firmware, and get into Testmode using the 2.3 version so that I could follow the rest of the directions and get my unit back up and working. Thank you thank you thank you!!! 2 days without music is a terrible terrible thing.

Hi everyone, I'm currently having a problem while on the explorer screen. I'm trying to access the storage folder to replace the files but I can not seem to open the folder. I am able to select the start option but I cant click into the control panel menu. Is there something I am doing wrong?

thanks,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i had reboot problem too, i tried to fix, it just didn't work for me. i think i made it even worst. gps and music doesn't even work now, when i go to check the version screen, gps nav was like no version number at all. i think i deleted some fatal file or something..... so i was wondering if i bought the software update 3.0 from pioneer. will that fix my problem?

thanks in advance

Help me!

I am in Hungary, I have a Pioneer AVIC F900 BT. type of navigation device.

Come 2:05 version. The maps I would like to replace it, but I do not know, because I always rebootol.

The maps are the same (8.0) device.

What can be done to change the maps to know?