AVIC411.com

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=24113   There is a really indepth walkthrough there, thats what sorted mine.   Hope that helps.   Will

Update: I thought I was good, but something is still f'd up. Everything works most of the time, but I'm not sure what happened during the file copy or update because when I press HISTORY under naviga

Hello Everyone my name is Angelo from Southern California, I was almost about to send my HU into Pioneer until I read this great tutorial. But I ran into a problem and was wondering if there was anyone out there that was kind enough to help me out?

I followed the tutorial to a T, all the way through step 11 where it talks about formatting and unmounting.

The problem is this I am not sure or need more clarification on how to Format and unmount the Flash Drive with the OEM Backup, Also I have no idea how to get the files from the flash drive to the HU. Now I clicked format flash drive through the HU and now I think my flash drive is completely unusable.

Now is there something I did wrong? I did format the first item in the Storage list and created a new partition called part0 but I still don't know what to do.

Now with out the testmode SD card inserted the unit shows the splash screen and then goes dark completely off.

Any help is appreciated as this is where I'm stuck at.

Thanks,

Angelo Cosma

Hi All,

I've recently brought a F90BT (Pioneer refurb) off FleaBay. I've followed the instruction on the wiring hardness mod for the mute and park wire grounding. It works as it should and I've the unit running fine till this past friday when I updated the splash screen via SD memory car, per Pioneer manual's instruction. After the update, all hell broke lose. The unit will quit responding to any touch screen input. I found this thread and started the dreaded process of flashing the unit. I follow the instruction to a T, my only problem is with the screen stylus input and keyboard problem. When the testmode boot up into WinCE explorer, the stylus input will not work immediately, as such I'm not able to bring up the virtual keyboard. At times, I will have to let the unit sit for about 20 or more minutes and I might get lucky and able to bring up the keyboard. Any suggestion on how to get the stylus/keyboard working will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all :D

A few things to clear up in this thread along with a problem I am having.

First off those people that are having trouble getting their screen to stay on for more than 20-30 seconds. You have to hold down the reset button along with the menu/map/eject button. I had a hard time with this until I tried the reset button and the screen finally stayed on.

So just so it's clean and clear:

1) Hold all buttons down (map/menu/eject + reset)

2) start car or get deck to turn on via accessory mode (2 turns of the key)

3) wait 5 seconds then release reset key

4) wait another couple seconds and release eject key

5) release menu/map keys and the blue screen should be there at this time

6) carry on doing what you want to do.

NOW for my problem, I get stuck loading the files on.

After doing these steps:

6. Insert into the unit the SD card that has WINCEIMG.bin and WINCEIMG.cks on it (STEP 2)

7. Select Update using SD/USB (format) option. This will format your FlashDisk removing any corrupted files on there that prevent the unit from loading.

8. Wait for the update to finish. When the prompt says to restart your unit, take out the SD, put in the testmode SD card and restart.

After selecting the update button, the bottom shows the read percentage which reaches 100%. After that nothing happens I don't get a restart prompt or anything it just keeps showing reading 100%.

How long does this part take? Mines been on for 15 minutes now (3rd attempt) and it's still stuck on that :evil:

When the WinCE update (Format) only says "Reading 100%" or whatever, there is something wrong with your data on the SD-card you are using. I get this sometimes with SD-cards that I have played around with a little, and the problem does not happen when I make a fresh SD-card with the files needed.

To get to the blue screen, just hold down menu map and eject buttons and then press and release reset, when the blue screen appears you can let go of the three buttons. I push the three buttons with my left thumb then use a pointy object to push and release the reset button.

When you are trying to update WinCE, it is supposed to READ the WinCE data on the card, counting upwards in 5% increments (taking about 20 seconds), then WRITE the WinCE data counting upwards in 5% increments (taking almost a minute?). After that, wait 10 seconds or so until it says "OK to reset unit". If you see all this, then your WinCE update is a success.

Are you able to calibrate the touch panel while you are in test mode? This might help.

Earlier this afternoon, I completely reformat all my 3 SD card and instead loaded the WINCE 3.0 image (3.0 Install Files.zip) and reflash the avic with the new image. Reboot 2nd SD flash into "testmode" and it seems to load fine without having to do any Pioneer firmware upgrade (as posted in this thread). After the clock sync up, I can tap onto the keyboard and that's as far as it goes. I simply cannot "tap tap" on the keyboard to bring it up. I found a keyboard utility from the GPSunderground and modify the mortscript file to execute the program. It does run correctly, again, I cannot "tap tap" to perform keyboard function. I've also look into the Calibration.bin which is in the F90BT backup that I've downloaded, but I'm not sure if WinCE write any config file for the touch screen. Guess, I'm very close to restoring and yet so far off as the touch screen and keyboard somewhat work. All this started after I've updated the splash screen and that's when touch screen quite working. Pioneer has really chosen a terrible platform to develop it's product on, WinCE. I'm sure is a hell lot more stable if they choose embedded Linux instead of MicroSUCKS :x

When the WinCE update (Format) only says "Reading 100%" or whatever, there is something wrong with your data on the SD-card you are using. I get this sometimes with SD-cards that I have played around with a little, and the problem does not happen when I make a fresh SD-card with the files needed.

To get to the blue screen, just hold down menu map and eject buttons and then press and release reset, when the blue screen appears you can let go of the three buttons. I push the three buttons with my left thumb then use a pointy object to push and release the reset button.

When you are trying to update WinCE, it is supposed to READ the WinCE data on the card, counting upwards in 5% increments (taking about 20 seconds), then WRITE the WinCE data counting upwards in 5% increments (taking almost a minute?). After that, wait 10 seconds or so until it says "OK to reset unit". If you see all this, then your WinCE update is a success.

Awesome thanks for info, I'm going to try a fresh format off the 2 sd-cards that I have tried and see if I can get past that step. If I can it's on to the next challenge haha.

edit: just tried both sd cards again after doing a full fat32 format on both and neither of them work, still hangs at 100% read...now what?

Now you need to reconsider your source of the upgrade files. Try downloading files from a different location.

To calibrate the touch panel when you are in testmode, go to My Device, Control Panel, Stylus.

To copy the 3.0 files on to My Flash Drive the keyboard is not needed. Just navigate and copy with the stylus using Total Commander.

I'm using the files directly off the pioneer site, the Avic-F90BT Firm Update (filename:avic_f-series_firmware_update_2.006000.zip)

Tried unzipping it multiple times, tried a redownload, tried loading it off different computers, tried 2 different sd cards.

Seems to be that the deck is messed.

Would I be able to load the version 3.0 wince files on or does it have to be for the current version?

Also I recall the very first time i did this I accidently clicked on the wince update (option number 1 in the last menu where you select wince update via sd (format) option) Could this have caused all this trouble?

Yes, you should try the 3.0 WinCE files. If you went through the update(format) option, you wiped your My flash disk, and you need to restore it from a "backup". I am not sure what you mean by accidentally pushing option 1, because that is what you wanted to do in your step 7. "7. Select Update using SD/USB (format) option. This will format your FlashDisk removing any corrupted files on there that prevent the unit from loading." If you go through that step you no longer have a working unit and you need to complete the process by reinstalling all the data.

I suggest that you follow this guide viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817 and try to upgrade to 3.0 software/maps. You can do the whole upgrade without using the on-screen keyboard (as long as your touch panel is calibrated and/or working). Use Total Commander to copy the data from your SD card to "My Flash Disk".

Yes, you should try the 3.0 WinCE files. If you went through the update(format) option, you wiped your My flash disk, and you need to restore it from a "backup". I am not sure what you mean by accidentally pushing option 1, because that is what you wanted to do in your step 7. "7. Select Update using SD/USB (format) option. This will format your FlashDisk removing any corrupted files on there that prevent the unit from loading." If you go through that step you no longer have a working unit and you need to complete the process by reinstalling all the data.

I suggest that you follow this guide viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817 and try to upgrade to 3.0 software/maps. You can do the whole upgrade without using the on-screen keyboard (as long as your touch panel is calibrated and/or working). Use Total Commander to copy the data from your SD card to "My Flash Disk".

K tried the 3.0 files and same deal, It won't go past the 100% progress screen, I let it sit for 5 minutes other times 30 minutes nothing. I think I have tried it atleast 20 times if not more.

As for accidently pushing option 1 (the sd/mmc update option), technically option 0 is the correct one with the format in brackets.

I followed the guide in that link also noticed a few people with the same issue I was having although there was no response to the problems posted. One guy said he tried multiple times and on the 6th try it worked but the others never got an answer and that means I don't have one either.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the files are wrong or curropt, or that my multiple SD cards are damaged in some way that it would cause this problem. As stated in that guide it should take within 2-3 minutes and after trying 20 times with different time frames on each I have no idea what I can do from here since this is the first step to getting anything else done.

Here is exactly what I am doing:

1) turning on car

2) pressing all four buttons on unit, this includes reset

3) I don't get a pop from my speakers but this could be due to me turning down the volume to zero last time i used it, so i'm holding the reset button for 5 seconds

4) after release of reset button im still holding the other 3 buttons (menu/map/eject)

5) once blue screen comes up i am releasing all 3

6) then i enter service code (up,up,down,menuu,left,right)

7) i then select update wince option

8) I push in the sd card into the slot

9) I select wince by sd/mmc (format) option

10) I wait, read progress creeps up to 100% and this is where i get stuck, nothing happens after it reaches 100%

I insert the SD card even before pushing all the buttons. Don´t bother waiting if it already says "Reading 100%", you know that it won´t work when it doesn´t count from 5% reading.

I wonder if the unit needs extra power or something to do the WinCE update format?

Try this:

-insert the card

-press reset button for 30 seconds, then do the push all buttons procedure

I feel for you, man, it sounds really frustrating what you are going through!

Sorry, I didn´t see you said it stopped after creeping up to 100% reading. This leads me to believe that there might be something wrong with your "My Flash Disk", since the unit fails to write. Maybe you have tried unmounting and mounting and partitioning (I´ve never done this) and you might have done something wrong?

This is the first time I'm ever touching the deck aside from the 2.006 update and a background change.

Aside from that the unit has been running for over a year flawlessly this just happened without any warning or without doing anything. Last thing I remember doing on it was switching to AM radio to hear a traffic report and turning the car off, on the next start this begun.

:( very frustrating indeed