AVIC411.com

Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix)

Update on 5/21/13 just this top warning paragraph

WARNING - this is a pretty specific fix. In the end it can basically fix almost any problem out there, BUT it should not be used if you really don't know what you are doing. If you are simply having a reboot issue and can hit menu after about 30 secs of blank screen and go to av settings and music plays, but when going to maps your unit crashes this doesn't need to be done. There are much easier solutions for you. You should look up reboot or constant restart problems or splash screen freeze ect. This solution is for a nearly bricked unit or people who have exhausted other solutions. Make sure before attempting any of it you have ALL the files you need and that you follow the directions to the T. I believe I made them pretty understandable but you should have a working knowledge of your unit. Going into service mode and flashing WINCe or formatting the flash drive without knowing what you are doing can at times cause more damage then it can solve. So make sure you are ready and understand these directions, print them out and bring them to your car with you. Many of the links I have in here have gone dead but I have made a torrent file full of Avic files. For this solution work in all 2.0 files then after unit is on and working you can upgrade to 3.0 or 3.x or 4.01. But DO NOT attempt to unless your unit is running or was running at that model firmware before it crashed. Good luck.

So after buying a used / bricked Avic from an exmember of this forum and finding out that he had posted several posts about how to use SERVICE MODE i discovered that he had reformated his SDMLC/MBR info on his Avic there by bricking it. After 2 weeks of work and scouring for different solutions and a lot of trial and error I have succeded in solving this problem. Several other members have also had this issue and so I figured more will in the future so here is how to solve it. If you have done any of the things listed in the title, formatedMBR in service mode, Formated SDMLC in controlpanel/system/ or for one reason or another are getting the error when trying to get into testmode Error 0X00000 this is for you. Other symptums that this can solve is if your system never boots to menu screen but you can press menu after about 30 secs of turning it on and the menu pops up but only lets you into settings then system settings.

Points to note, when in Service Mode dont mess around in there, this can lead to the bricking of your system as has happend to mine and several others. If you do happen to mess around and brick it, here is how to fix that system. A second point to note is that its helpfull to have at least 2 memory cards one with 2+GB on it another at least big enough to hold a firmware update.

Part I- Downloads

1)

If you are in US the torrent file bellow has the updates you need if in Europe you need this update

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/support/software/AVIC-F900BT/index.html This is for Euro Units

2) I created a torrent full of the files and added it to TPB. Link is here

http://thepiratebay....e_anc_fix_files

Incase PirateBay is down or illegal in your country here is a pinned thread where I posted the direct download of the torrent file and directions on how to use torrents

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/34050-torrent-full-of-avic-f-files/

Inside here are the SDMLC files for US/Can, Europe, and Russia It also has American Back up of 2.0 that you will need and the WinCE of 2.0 you will need. If you are in Europe you will need to get a copy of that backup

For the Euro backup you can download it here (Torrent coming soon of your files)

http://webdesignsfor...lash%20Disk.rar

Part II - UPDATING WinCe

For this I am going to refer to my torrent file so I hope you downloaded it and use the file structure from with in. If you are not in US or Canada the only real difference is you will have to use the backups you downloaded

1)Format your SD card or Cards Fat32

2)Add WinCe files to your SD card

a) go to Avic Provlem Solver Files>Wince Copies>From 2.0

B) Copy these two files (Winceimg.Bin and Winceimg.cks)

c) Paste these to the route of your SD card

d) Eject SD card

3)Go out to your car. Start up the AVIC then try to enter Service Mode

a)Press Reset, EJECT, MAP, MENU all at the same time

b)Let go of Reset but continue to hold the rest

c) When you hear your speakers make a small pop sound let go of EJECT but continue to hold MAP and MENU

d) A blue screen will appear that says press reset DO NOT press reset

c) enter this code in, as you do * will apear at the bottom of the screen for each button pushed. on the nob Push

UP UP DOWN MENU LEFT RIGHT

d) This enters you in SERVICE MODE

4) Do not mess around in here, this is what leads to bricking of uinits! Once in here press the nob in for Windows Upgrade

5) insert SD card in the slot and then click the first Option Upgrade from SD/USB (formated)

6) You will see a Blue Screen and it will be uploading the WINCEIMAGES once it is complete it will tell you to restart. Shut off your car.

Part III - Firmware Update and Adding SDMLC

It will be good to have 2 SD cards here. The bigger card should be for update files (1) and smaller should be fore testmode and SDMLC (2)

1) SD Card 1 (if this is the same one you used for the WinCe flash you need to Reformat it) Update Files

a) go to Avic Problem Solver Files > Updates > F-Series Firmware Update

B) Copy the folder LPUE080

c) Paste this folder into your SD card

if you only have 1 SD card skip to step 3 if you have 2 SD Cards do bellow first

2) SD Card 2 (make sure this has been formatted) Testmode and SDMLC

a) go to Avic Problem Solver Files > Testmode_V2.3

B) copy the folder inside labelled testmode

c) paste on the route of SD folder

d) Go back to Avic Problem Solver Files > SDMLC FIiles

e) if in US/Canada you click on the "used from my guide" if from another part of the world you go to Others I've found the one that has EW in it is Europe, the one with RE is russia

f) which ever region you are in you need to unrar the file (this is like unzipping.. I use 7zip for this process) if using the one "used from my guide" there are 2 files in here you are selecting the one that DOES NOT say RealSpeak its called NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984

g) two files will be extracted from inside this file you need to copy the .IMG file

h) paste the .IMG file into your SD card with Testmode folder

Step 3 doing the update (this can sometimes be skipped but for stability reasons I have it in here)

a) Put SD card one (the one with LPUE080 folder on it) into Avic

B) Start car and let the firmware update ruin... this takes a while sometimes.

c) once its finished shut off car and take SD card 1 out

If you have the second SD card heres when you use it... if you dont you need to go inside and do STEP 2 from above then go back out to your car

Step 4 Going into Testmode

a) put SD card into car

B) turn car on

c) wait for it to go to what looks like windows 95

Step 5) Adding SDMLC

a) Open DiskRW

b)change the little dot in this program to Write (instead of read)

c)click on the first drop down menu and and find where it says SDMLC and make sure that shows in the window

d)Click on the botton that has the three dots (...) and brows to your SD Card and then find the file

NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.IMG and click on it (if in Europe need to select your regions SDMLC file

e)I forget exactly what button you have to click here or if it runs automaticly but if it doesnt look for a button

that says start or something of that sort.

f)You should see the blank text box start to run all sorts of text info then tick ********* for a while until it is

complete

g) Once the IMG has been writen successfully close out the window

h) Turn off car

While this is happening go back in side and add files to your larger SD card the one that the update was on. You need to reformat it.

Part IV Adding Backup

1) Format the larger (2gb or bigger SD card)

2) Navigate to Avic Problem Solver Files > Copy of My Flash Disk > 2.0 F700 then Copy the folder F700

3) Paste This on SD card

4) Also need add testmode folder from Testmode_V2.3 like you did before

5) Bring out to car

Part V Adding Backup files

1) Put SD card into Avic, start car, wait for windows mode to load

2) Add files to my flash disk

a)Once in windows mode you will go to Explorer under Start/Programs/Explorer

b)Go to your storage Card find your folder you pasted from Part IV labeled f700 and open it

c) Click Edit/Select All

d) click Edit/ Copy Copy

e) Open a second explorer window, Start/Programs/Explorer

f) Double click on "MY FLASH DRIVE"

g) click on EDIT/PASTE even if it gives you an error message saying there is not enough room press ok. It will begin to copy files, make sure if you are ever asked if you want to copy over a file you click YES ALL.

h) This may take about 15 minutes to complete.

15)Once done close out all the folders and restart your unit (either hold the reset button in, use the restart program, or shut off car and turn it back on

Step VI - Make sure it works

You may need to wait about a minute for it to load because it is going to act like it is its first time ever loading if for some reason it does not load here. Reload a firmware update and you should be back in business. If it does load but cant find your GPS location, drive around a bit or go to an open parking lot and shut off your car then turn it back on sit for a few minutes it should find it.

Optional Steop VII - Upgrade unit

At this point I would update your unit especially if you had been running 3.0 + you have paid for this already and have rights to it. All the files you need to do this are also in this torrent... the short of it is you need to flash the appropriate wince files (the winceimage .CKS and .BIN ) from service mode. Then you need to copy the appropriate corisponding backup to your avic. In these files you have several options for US avics... for Euro avics you can upgrade to 3.0 via pioneers update.

I hope these instructions are a little clearer I have gotten lots of PMs since adding the torrent full of files to describe the corresponding files and dead links ect. Also several people have asked for my paypal account for helping them out my email for paypal or further help if you are really stuck and for some reason i dont respond here quick enough (with in 3 days... please give me 3 days to respond) is tail24@aol.com make subject Avic Help. Thanks to all that have donated and do in the future, but dont worry I will help without any donation what so ever some just feel like giving because they are saved lots of money.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well this has worked well for me up until the part where it writes the .IMG file. i got it to write and all that (btw the button that you press once you select that file is "write") but it never finishes writing. there is just an hour glass that keeps turning over, over and over again. but the text in the box finished so i assumed it was done and just clicked "ok". then proceed on, navigated to myflashdrive, ect. and finished the steps. but i restarted and didn't work. tried another update, didn't work. still keeps getting stuff on the black screen.

but....

before the unit would just shut off after 20 second. i couldn't do SHIT with it. BUT NOW i can get into test mode, press menu after a few seconds, and get to system settings and all that.

i am trying to do the process over from the "WRITE" step because that seems to be where things stopped taking effect.

another thing....

i noticed we downloaded a file that wasn't used in this process. it's the "Disk1File" or Part 1 - Step 3a

was this file unneccessary or just left out?

lmk.

AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR.... I KNOW I'M MORE THAN HALF WAY THERE!!

TJ do you have a US F700? What version Avic do you have, my thought is that maybe it might need a different copy of the SDMLC back up. The second file download in step 3 (3b) is only a back up for the 700UC model so I didnt tell everyone to download it, only if they need it. i didnt need it to fix my unit but put it up for other people just incase.

If you do have a 700UC I would say wait a few extra minutes to let the process finish writing in the DISCRW mode. it does take some time you will eventually see the ******* finish going still wait a minute after that and something on the screen writes that it is complete and has been checked for completion and succesfulness. I would say wait for that to pop up.

If you dont have a 700UC I would start asking members to make copies of their SDMLC file to do this its pretty easy. I know another member messaged me saying that they hae a european model so the backup of the SDMLC that i posted in 3a would not work for them. If there are members out there that are willing to help people out that did this all they have do do is put an SD card in with Testmode 2.3 or 2.2 (if they only have FW2.0 on it) go into testmode and clickon the DISKRW icon and then Read their SDMLC to their SD card card. Load the SD card on their computer and send it to you.

I would recomend people actually making a copy of this file just for safe keepings incase they do mess their units up, its good to have now that we know it can fix currupt windows files.

im stuck in the blue screen when upgrading wince...

it says on the bottem writing image 6% been like 10 min or so..

how long should i wait or should it take.

btw i have an f90bt

thanks and the files on the sd card are

WINCEIMG.bin

WINCEIMG.cks

am i missing something

TJ do you have a US F700? What version Avic do you have, my thought is that maybe it might need a different copy of the SDMLC back up. The second file download in step 3 (3b) is only a back up for the 700UC model so I didnt tell everyone to download it, only if they need it. i didnt need it to fix my unit but put it up for other people just incase.

If you do have a 700UC I would say wait a few extra minutes to let the process finish writing in the DISCRW mode. it does take some time you will eventually see the ******* finish going still wait a minute after that and something on the screen writes that it is complete and has been checked for completion and succesfulness. I would say wait for that to pop up.

If you dont have a 700UC I would start asking members to make copies of their SDMLC file to do this its pretty easy. I know another member messaged me saying that they hae a european model so the backup of the SDMLC that i posted in 3a would not work for them. If there are members out there that are willing to help people out that did this all they have do do is put an SD card in with Testmode 2.3 or 2.2 (if they only have FW2.0 on it) go into testmode and clickon the DISKRW icon and then Read their SDMLC to their SD card card. Load the SD card on their computer and send it to you.

I would recomend people actually making a copy of this file just for safe keepings incase they do mess their units up, its good to have now that we know it can fix currupt windows files.

i have a US f900. i tried 3 times to write the SDMLC last nite and the final time letting it write for a whole hr. it gets stuck at reading the file, it never starts writing. so you may be write in that i need the f900 SDMLC. i don't know where i would acquire that or whom to ask. we need to grab that thing though and see if they are the same...

• 2 weeks later...

I need help. I have tried this and successfully did all the steps and it still will not boot. I keep getting a mainmenu.exe failure.

Also while looking in system properties I noticed it thinks my unit is a F700 and its really a f90bt could this be part of the problem?