AVIC411.com

Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Make sure you have the proper back-up files for your unit. Just search in the forums and find the ones you need. The SDMLC re-flash process is what fixed my head unit, so I'm guessing the rest of you are just missing the proper files that are supposed to go in the 'My Flash Drive' once you're in Testmode.

i am using a f900...initially i had the classic reboot problem where erything works, its jus reboots every minute...so i tried 2 upgrade 2 the forums 3.0 and bricked it where the boot screen comes up then it shuts off. Now i can go into service mode fine, but when it came time 2 upload pioneer firmware after updating wince the unit jus shuts off so i feel like nothin is being loaded. im really at a lost.

So far so good. This worked for me. The unit rebooted after I put the NN746UC image on. Then testmode would reboot and reboot. I reinstalled the wince files in service mode and transferred the files over in testmode. I have the unit on bench power now, I'll play with it tomorrow to make sure all is well.

Thanks for this writeup, it really helped!

BTW, this is on a 700BT. I'm almost doing flips!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Make sure you have the proper back-up files for your unit. Just search in the forums and find the ones you need. The SDMLC re-flash process is what fixed my head unit, so I'm guessing the rest of you are just missing the proper files that are supposed to go in the 'My Flash Drive' once you're in Testmode.

How long does it take for the SDMLC image to write mine has been on for 40mins with the hour glass spining and it says reading image? i have the f700bt

Tried the NN746UC reload to fix my F700 black screen. Reading the image went fine. However, testmode would only load for a few seconds before reboot. Required reloading the WinCE files from the service menu.

Also, at least one user in another thread said that loading NN746UC will change your device number, rendering a legal 3.0 upgrade password unsuable in the future. I had the same experience. My device number DID change and my password is now invalid. I have to call Pioneer and try to get a password reset. Can this behavior be confirmed? If correct, users should be very cautious using the NN746UC fix.

I also can't say for certain that the NN746UC image helped my black screen. I was able to successfully reinstall 2.0; however, I may have had a corrupt or incompatible x910bt 3.01010 backup file that I first tried. In my case I don't know if the NN746UC reload was even necessary. I was frustrated and trying just about anything to get my F700 back running.

• 1 month later...

Need some help on this, I run in to two issues, first issue, when I upgrade the firmware, it seems to complete then tells me it couldn't locate a file on the local drive. The second issue is when I go in to the testmode, none of the applications on the desktop can be found, and look like shortcuts with no destination. Very confused, any help would be MUCH appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...