AVIC411.com

Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix)

Awesome. Just fixed a bricked AVIC-700BT that I picked up from ebay.

Thank You for writing this thread.

For everyone that has a forever rebooting AVIC after Pioneer screen, or rebooting with Just back screen. Or just rebooting, Have to try this fix to get it back if out of warrenty.

One small note. If you end up writing the SDMLC drive with the img file, it will change your AVIC serial # wich will make MSN and legit 3.0 upgrade serial stop working. So be warned.

Mine was out of warrenty and had no MSN, so this worked like a charm.

Thanks all who were involved.

:D:D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This thread just restored a "bricked" F700BT for me, however it is showing MSN Direct as being available, I don't have it plugged in to verify it works or not though and would doubt it would. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have the same thing going on, I'm guessing it's because we flashed an F900 SDMLC.

I've done a lot of searches, I can't find an F700BT SDMLC. Anyone have one they can upload?

I went and wrote down images WINCEIMAGES .BIN and .CKS and at the step 7 when i put SD card with firmware update 2.0080 downloaded from pioneer site and it still shows black screen after pioneer logo and dies, cooler works but buttons and black screen irresponsive. any ideas anybody please?

I had better luck with the newer win CE firmware from the X series from this thread:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751&hilit=x+series&start=585

Also, BUMP for a copy of the f700 SDMLC if anyone has one to upload.

Here’s how to make a backup…

1: Boot into testmode

2: Select DiskRW

3: Select read

4: Select “SDMLC” under “store”

5: Choose a place to save it by pressing “…” . Choose storage card.

6: Hit read and let it finish

Thanks!

I had better luck with the newer win CE firmware from the X series from this thread:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751&hilit=x+series&start=585

Also, BUMP for a copy of the f700 SDMLC if anyone has one to upload.

Here’s how to make a backup…

1: Boot into testmode

2: Select DiskRW

3: Select read

4: Select “SDMLC” under “store”

5: Choose a place to save it by pressing “…” . Choose storage card.

6: Hit read and let it finish

Thanks!

that is the thing. I cannot even download to testboot.

now i messed in engeneer menu blue screen and now even cant download images WINCE.

just see poineer logo screen and then it turns black and becomes irresponcive

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone got into the testmode, then been unable to load DiskRW? Mine says the files are missing. Only thing available is the Control panel, and windows explorer. Anyone know how to completely wipe this thing? Used turboss's backup, and the newest version of testmode...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Glad to see this is till helping people!

You can do a complete reformat in the service mode. That's how I assume my unit got in that state in the first place...

Tail24

I'm glad to see you are still monitoring this thread. Great work! I hope your solution will work for me.

I've been trying to revive a nofunctional AVIC F90BT I bought.

I've been using this guide "Complete 3.0 Install Guide". It's gotten me partially restored.

The symptoms I experience are:

System displays a custom splash sreen at start up. It used to go blank but now starts to load (gives a message that the system is starting up please wait) but eventually reboots on it's own before it completes. I did both the reimage Wince (with format) and a format of the flash disk. The custom Splash screen still loads after the formats. This leads me to believe the splash screen is residing somewhere on the system disk instead of on the flash disk.

When I formated Myflash disk, I tried to also format the two other drives listed in the storage devices. It would not let me dismount or explore the structure. These disks were both called SDML diskC and partitioned into Part0 and Part1.

I'm hesitant to mess with the MBR but have no choice. I plan to reread your guide and give it a go this weekend. If you have any additional suggestions please throw them out. I will report back once I finish.

Thanks for the hope.

I hope someone can help me.

I posted earlier I was using this guide viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751

I had a custom splash screen that would always load even after formating My flash disk. It would reboot. I eventually got the main menu to load but the system would not fully load and start.

I used the file from this guide and reimaged the SDMLC drive. Each step went as directed without issue.

I no longer have the splash screen. I now get a Pioneer default screen with map info. The problem now is after 15 minutes I do not get anything else. The SD card slot flased a couple times and it appeared the unit rebooted (very quickly).

How long should the initial start up take?

I saw others say their F90BT was restored so I would expect the file should work.

The two downloaded files are quite different in size. I used the smaller http://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7 ... 9984.htmlb file.

Should I have used the bigger one? (http://www.4shared.com/file/107628372/c ... Speak.html)

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you are not correctly uploading the full memory to your Unit. Make sure you once in testmode you copy a full version of the SDMLC that is in the link. It sounds like you are just loading a copy of your old backup or something. Make sure you upload them in the correct sequence to your unit. Follow the directions properly. PM me with any direct questions that way goes direct to my EMAIL. Sorry I havent checked this in a couple weeks, hope your unit is up and runnig

Okay

I completely screwed up by formatting and rewriting the SDMLC partition instead of the disk 1 SDMLC. Does anyone know what is contained in this partition? It evidently has some basic system files that would include some kind of video file. I get a jumbled picture instead of a splash screen. When I start with testmode everything is normal. The reason I messed with this partition is I kept getting a custom screen. When I re-imaged with CE and formatted and re-imaged the Flash disk I would still have the custom screen. Could someone read and copy this partition? It is the 103MB partition.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...