AVIC411.com

Solved the FormatMBR /SDMLC and MapDBinfo Error 0X0000 (Also the Major Fix)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So after buying a used / bricked Avic from an exmember of this forum and finding out that he had posted several posts about how to use SERVICE MODE i discovered that he had reformated his SDMLC/MBR info on his Avic there by bricking it. After 2 weeks of work and scouring for different solutions and a lot of trial and error I have succeded in solving this problem. Several other members have also had this issue and so I figured more will in the future so here is how to solve it. If you have done any of the things listed in the title, formatedMBR in service mode, Formated SDMLC in controlpanel/system/ or for one reason or another are getting the error when trying to get into testmode Error 0X00000 this is for you. Other symptums that this can solve is if your system never boots to menu screen but you can press menu after about 30 secs of turning it on and the menu pops up but only lets you into settings then system settings.

Points to note, when in Service Mode dont mess around in there, this can lead to the bricking of your system as has happend to mine and several others. If you do happen to mess around and brick it, here is how to fix that system. A second point to note is that its helpfull to have at least 2 memory cards one with 2+GB on it another at least big enough to hold a firmware update.

I created a torrent, it has tons of f series files, but I am not sure if I have done it correctly I uploaded it to TPB. Link is here

http://thepiratebay....e_anc_fix_files

Part 1- Downloads

1) Download the firmware up grades from Pioneer it is best to have both of them that way you can have the Bluetooth and TTS upgrades. You can find them on Pioneers

<!-- m -->http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 00BT?tab=F<!-- m -->

2)Download the latest Version of Testmode found on this forum it should be Testmode V2.3

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25367">viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25367</a><!-- l -->

3)Download these two files provided by Carver they are the ones responsible for bringing your unit back to life.

a)SDMLC file <!-- m -->http://www.4shared.com/file/107628372/c ... Speak.html<!-- m -->

4)If you dont have a backup copy of MY Flash Drive for your own Avic you will need someone elses which can be found by using the search feature on this forum

Part 2 - Uploading and Applying downloads

1)Format your SD card or Cards Fat32

2)Find where you downloaded the Firmware Updates inside that folder go to LPO80/PAL and find the two files labeled WINCEIMAGE.Bin and WinCEImage.CKS and load them onto your card

3)Go out to your car. Start up the AVIC then try to enter Service Mode

a)Press Reset, EJECT, MAP, MENU all at the same time

B) Let go of Reset but continue to hold the rest

c) When you hear your speakers make a small pop sound let go of EJECT but continue to hold MAP and MENU

d) A blue screen will appear that says press reset DO NOT press reset

c) enter this code in, as you do * will apear at the bottom of the screen for each button pushed. on the nob Push

UP UP DOWN MENU LEFT RIGHT

d) This enters you in SERVICE MODE

4) Do not mess around in here, this is what leads to bricking of uinits! Once in here press the nob in for Windows Upgrade

5) insert SD card in the slot and then click the first Option Upgrade from SD/USB (formated)

6) You will see a Blue Screen and it will be uploading the WINCEIMAGES once it is complete it will tell you to restart. Shut off your car.

7) If you have a second SD card this should be the smaller one you should have put the whole Firmware Update from Pioneer on here. If you only have one SD card go inside reformat it and copy the the Upgrade to it.

Put the SD card with the firmware update into your card, turn your card on and let it run. While it is doing this take your other SD card inside (if you dont have a second one wait for it to finish and use the same one). Reformat the SD card and place the Testmode Version 2.3 on there in the root directory.

9)Extract the files from NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.rar you downloaded. One is just a .txt file that you dont need the other is an .IMG file that has to be on the card.

A)if you can also fit the copy of your backup you will be doing yourself a big favor and saving a lot of time. if you cant fit it you will have to reformat and add this after you go through steps 10-12

10)Once Firmware update is complete take the SD card out and Put in the one y ou just uploaded Testmode and the IMG file on into the avic and turn on your car. This will allow your avic to go into testmode. If you have not used one of these versions of test mode they have extra Utilities on there that allow you to do a lot more inside test mode. The part we are interested in is the program called DISKRW

11)Open DiskRW

a)change the little dot in this program to Write (instead of read)

b)click on the first drop down menu and and find where it says SDMLC and make sure that shows in the window

c)Click on the botton that has the three dots (...) and brows to your SD Card and then find the file

NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.IMG and click on it

d)I forget exactly what button you have to click here or if it runs automaticly but if it doesnt look for a button

that says start or something of that sort.

e)You should see the blank text box start to run all sorts of text info then tick ********* for a while until it is

complete

12) Once the IMG has been writen successfully close out the window

13) If you had enough room on your storage card to add the copy of your back up you will go to Explorer under Start/Programs/Explorer

14) Go to your storage Card find your folder with all your backup Files in it. Click Edit/Select All then Edit/ Copy Copy now using the back button navigate to your MY FLASH DRIVE and click on EDIT/PASTE even if it gives you an error message saying there is not enough room press ok. It will begin to copy files, make sure if you are ever asked if you want to copy over a file you click YES ALL.

This may take about 15 minutes to complete.

15)Once done close out all the folders and restart your unit.

You may need to wait about a minute for it to load because it is going to act like it is its first time ever loading if for some reason it does not load here. Reload a firmware update and you should be back in business.

I hope this helps someone else, I had yet to find a strait solution to my problem posted here and with lots of help from different members posting and giving me info and software/backups ect I have come up with this solution. Non of this info is really my own I have just taken what I have learned through other posts and made it into a solution for others to hopefully fix there unit.

i have tried this and i am having no luck. i cant get into test mode and my unit will not load the firmware update. it gets tot he splash screen and crashes everytime.

Genius!

MBR back in business. Few clarifications on his directions. I did this on a x910bt.

Part 1- Downloads

1. Download the firmware upgrade from Pioneer it is best to use the earliest version, F-Series 2.006000. You can find it on Pioneers website:

1. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-F700BT?tab=F

1. Download the latest Version of Testmode , it should be Testmode V2.3

1. Download these two files provided by Carver they are the ones responsible for bringing your unit back to life.

http://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7d061dc3/NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.htmlb%22%3Ehttp://www.4shared.com/file/105507086/7%20...%209984.htmlb%3C/a%3E%3C!--%20m%20--%3E)Disk1File%20%3C!--%20m%20--%3E%3Ca%20class=%22postlink%22%20href=%22http://www.4shared.com/file/107628372/cc1d5bfd/NN746UC_DSK1_WO_MAP_RealSpeak.html

1. nn746uc_sdmlc_0_108009984
  2. NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.img_read

1. If you dont have a backup copy of MY Flash Drive for your own Avic you will need someone elses which can be found by using the search feature on this forum

Part 2 - Uploading and Applying downloads

1. Format your SD card or Cards Fat32

1. Find where you downloaded the Firmware Updates inside that folder go to LPO80/PLT and find the two files labeled WINCEIMAGE.Bin and WinCEImage.CKS and load them onto your card

1. Go out to your car. Start up the AVIC then try to enter Service Mode

4) Select Windows Upgrade with push of volume nob.

5) insert SD card in the slot and then click the first Option Upgrade from SD/USB (formated)

6) You will see a Blue Screen and it will be uploading the WINCEIMAGES once it is complete it will tell you to restart.

Shut off your car.

7) If you have a second SD card this should be the smaller one you should have put the whole Firmware Update from Pioneer on here. If you only have one SD card go inside reformat it and copy the Upgrade to it.

8 ) Put the SD card with the firmware update into your card, turn your card on and let it run. While it is doing this take your other SD card inside (if you dont have a second one wait for it to finish and use the same one). Reformat the SD card and place the Testmode Version 2.3 on there in the root directory.

9) Extract the files from NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.rar you downloaded. One is just a .txt file that you don’t need the other is an .IMG file that has to be on the card.

1. if you can also fit the copy of your backup you will be doing yourself a big favor and saving a lot of time. if you can’t fit it you will have to reformat and add this after you go through steps 10-12

10) Once Firmware update is complete take the SD card out and Put in the one you just uploaded Testmode and the IMG file on into the avic and turn on your car. This will allow your avic to go into testmode. If you have not used one of these versions of test mode they have extra Utilities on there that allow you to do a lot more inside test mode. The part we are interested in is the program called DISKRW

11) Open DiskRW

1. change the little dot in this program to Write (instead of read)
    2. click on the first drop down menu and find where it says SDMLC and make sure that shows in the window
    3. Click on the botton that has the three dots (...) and brows to your SD Card and then find the file

NN746UC_SDMLC_0_108009984.IMG and click on it

1. click on "ok" in top right corner of screen, then "write" in next screen..
    2. You should see the blank text box start to run all sorts of text info then tick ********* for a while until it is complete

12) Once the IMG has been written successfully close out the window

Press Reset, EJECT, MAP, MENU all at the same time Let go of Reset but continue to hold the rest
When you hear a small pop sound let go of EJECT but continue to hold MAP and MENU
A blue screen will appear that says press reset DO NOT press reset
Enter this code in, as you do * will appear at the bottom of the screen for each button pushed.
  • UP, UP, DOWN, MENU, LEFT, RIGHT
  • This enters you in SERVICE MODE

This procedure can be a bit complex at times, especially if you are like me and the screen calibration is so far off you can't hit the start icon!!!!!! I had to substitute the CECMD interface for all the start/files/etc......it can still be done, but it is more difficult. The file system doesn't like to copy from SD to MyFlash but after a couple hours I managed a workaround for it. But in the end, when all else had failed, this method worked for me, taking about 3 hours from start to finish. I did have two SD cards, though I think one card with enough GB memory should work fine. (I had a 4GB and 1GB, the 1GB not big enough to handle a bunch at one time. But also, being that SD cards at walmart are like $7 for 16GB the expendature in minimal considering the cost to send it off and have it repaired) The biggest real challenge is to get all the files you need. After several hours reading, and one post for help, I had it all and got'er done. Thanks all, those who supplied files and those that wrote directions!

B

No worries. The key here is people need to really follow my directions... a lot run off and make an error because they didnt print all the steps. All the files to do this should be in my torrent as well so only need to grab backups if you have a non american avic. Hopefully I can creat a second torrent for non US people with Euro/Aus and Rus

• 3 months later...

Thanks for this guide it really fixed all my problems (constant reboot and no access to anything but "setings"...

i just had to do a 3.021000 firmware update when finished.

:tail24 if you're interested i've made a .rar file with the files needed for an Eu fix.?

i'll keep seeding on the torrent from tpb.

That would be awesome. Do you have it uploaded somewhere or are you seeding a torrent full?

no haven't uploaded it. trying to make a fileshare work however without luck for now. collected the files from your links in the guide and the pioneer support site.

i'll get back to you in here when some thing works

How do you do the firmware update once completed? I saw the short aversion at the end of the original post but I really don't want mess this up. Please help.

when i completed Tail24's guide (with EU files however) all i did was getting the firmware update from pioneers support site and ran it like normally (you know, unpacked to a SD card, insterted to my unit and power it up, like said in the manual) ;)

• 1 month later...

After fighting with my F90BT all morning, trying everything in this thread, I found what worked for me. The SDMLC in this torrent/thread would not load for me. Either it would error out with "error code 2" or the hourglass would just spin forever and ever. After poking around at the hundreds of threads of other people in similar situations:

this thread---> http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/

worked for me. Just downloaded the torrent, dumped everything onto one SD card all at the same time, reloaded WinCE using the files in that torrent, then copied everything over using WinCE copy and paste function (Had to use a stylus to be able to select "edit" at the top toolbar). Took 25-30 minutes to copy over. And now everything appears to be golden. Just thought I'd give anyone reading this thread my two cents of what worked for me.